Wiki on AudioBooks tags

Masterz

Would be nice to add to Wiki some amount of info:

* how ID3 tags are used/interpretet for AudioBooks.

It will help to organize collections.

Thanx.

Hi, yes you are correct, this would be very helpful. What i can tell you for now is that it's exactly the same as a music library. Standard id3 tags.

For now i have some issues.

There to put, f.e., name of books collection/series, not the specific book name ?

Artist vs. Album Artist <- what is book Author and where reader ? I see exactly two variants in books, downloaded for now.

I would do an album folder for each audio book. That's all you really need.

Unless of course you have a book series - I think you were on the right path when the decision was made to make Audio Books it's own type.  The ways the media is consumed is quite different, as is the structure.  True, they are all audio files in the end - but as a for instance, if you started to shuffle audiobook chapters around in playback, somebody is going to get a few spoilers.

The new type just needs a bit more tweaking - but once done Emby will be THE ABSOLUTE BEST PLACE to stream your personal audio book collection through.  Even Audible or iTunes will not be able to compete with the flexibility Emby brings to the table due to their proprietary and closed environment. Audio Books may not be a gigantic thing, but when done well it's certainly a niche that will set Emby apart.

• Like 1