Be able to have duplicate Movie library labels not Movie, Movie1, Movie2 so on

ng4ever

ng4ever

This is the only way I can share different movies with different users. Unless there a way to do it on a individual movie level.

I doubt it.

atomicmoon

Not to sound all high on my morals, but that sounds more like a media provider service rather than a personal media server. If your "users" can't all share the same movies, you could use the parental tag block feature and tag each movie to where it's blocked from certain users or create multiple servers for each individual needs.  

To share different movies with different users. Why ?

I'm just curious to learn why a single Movies library wouldn't work. You know that you can configure user access per sub-folders under that Movie library, right?

ng4ever

I'm just curious to learn why a single Movies library wouldn't work. You know that you can configure user access per sub-folders under that Movie library, right?

No I didn't know that. Thanks

How?

ng4ever

Sorry i still don't see where you can do it ?

I have D Drive then movies folder then each movie in a separate folder.

Like this:

D:/Movies/Movie name/Movie.mkv

rbjtech

If you only have one 'share' available, then you can't split the permissions any further.

But if you have a library with multiple shares - ie

\\server\share1

\\server\share2

\\server\share3

then by going into Users>Access>Library Access - for that user, you can select which of the 3 shares (in that library) they have access to (you have to untick, Enable Access to All Libraries first) ..

• Like 1

To answer the original question though, yes duplicate labels are possible for the future but there currently is no way to do that.

• Like 1