Errors and accidental server update to 4.0

johnny_swindle
Go to solution Solved by sualfred,

johnny_swindle

I had to reboot my Emby Server and to my surprise it updated to 4.0.  I need to pay closer attention to settings.  The libary scan would not complete.  Read a bunch of treads and found out 4.0 had a couple of bugs. Anyway, I located the beta repository and updated Emby for Kodi.  That solved the major issue.  However, the skin I use of the Kodi boxes would not work any longer.  I got two messages:  Skin Helper Service error and Skin Helper Widget error.

Do I need to upload logs from a kodi box to capture the error or is there another bit that needs updating?

Thanks...

johnny_swindle

Which skin are you using? I recommend using Embuary by Sualfred.

Yes a kodi log would be helpful.

Thank you Angelblue05.....

I will check out Embuary.  I was using Nebula skin on my Kodi machines.  I will upload a log once I return home.....going to be a long day at work.

• Like 1

johnny_swindle

Thank you Angelblue05.....

I will check out Embuary.  I was using Nebula skin on my Kodi machines.  I will upload a log once I return home.....going to be a long day at work.

Angelblue05,

I have uploaded a log to Pastebin.  You locate it here:  https://pastebin.com/nhb7ehUS or you can see the attached

Thanks....

Edited by johnny_swindle

Angelblue05

No errors with Emby for Kodi. But, you just have skin errors regarding metadatautils and script skin helper. Did you check out Embuary?

johnny_swindle

No errors with Emby for Kodi. But, you just have skin errors regarding metadatautils and script skin helper. Did you check out Embuary?

Not yet....any idea why I suddenly started getting errors with the two items that you mentioned?  Did not start until I installed the beta of Emby for Kodi to resolve the issue of it not being able to complete a scan of the library.

• Solution
sualfred

The skin helper tools are unmaintained and buggy since months. All you can try is to reinstall the addons of Marcels beta repository or manually by his GitHub branches. Or try a complete Kodi reinstallation.

I highly suggest you do remove them completely, because they slow down everything and they can cause issues with the addon method of Emby for Kodi. In Embuary you have the option to disable them in skin settings -> addons and dependencies (at the bottom). And Embuary doesn't require or support them anyway.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

johnny_swindle

The skin helper tools are unmaintained and buggy since months. All you can try is to reinstall the addons of Marcels beta repository or manually by his GitHub branches. Or try a complete Kodi reinstallation.

I highly suggest you do remove them completely, because they slow down everything and they can cause issues with the addon method of Emby for Kodi. In Embuary you have the option to disable them in skin settings -> addons and dependencies (at the bottom). And Embuary doesn't require or support them anyway.

Thank you for the advice. I will check out Embuary this weekend.  I have switched to using Estuary (default skin).  I have not been able to get my  HDHomeRun Prime to display all the channels and guide correctly using the Emby Web UI.  However the addon that I use from the SiliconDust forums works fantastically  with Estuary.

johnny_swindle

Thank you for the advice. I will check out Embuary this weekend.  I have switched to using Estuary (default skin).  I have not been able to get my  HDHomeRun Prime to display all the channels and guide correctly using the Emby Web UI.  However the addon that I use from the SiliconDust forums works fantastically  with Estuary.

I have tried out Embuary....very nice.  I will have to let my wife decide which skin she likes the best (I don't have a say in the matter (-:

• Like 1