Pause live TV.

miniz98

miniz98

Will you please let us just pause live TV when we have direct tune on. It's crazy we can't do that. If you don't use direct tune it takes like 15 seconds to watch a channel. VLC does it instantly. This is very annoying.

Spaceboy

It asks you if you want to switch to the other playback method so it can build up the buffer.

This is all working as you intended, it’s just that it’s still a pretty poor user experience. As you can see users expect to be able to pause live tv when direct played without issue. As you would with good dvr software like wmc

How long do you want to be able to pause for?

Also, I think an alternate question here would be why does it take so long to start playing a remuxed live channel?

miniz98

How long do you want to be able to pause for? Maybe 30 minutes max??

Also, I think an alternate question here would be why does it take so long to start playing a remuxed live channel? That has been a question forever. If you turn off direct tune it takes 15 seconds for the channel to load. Back when mpv was working i could pause live tv and skip foward and back and the tuning time was 3 sec max. 

Back when mpv was working i could pause live tv and skip foward and back and the tuning time was 3 sec max. 

And using that option now does what?

Im using a fire tv right now and selected mpv for live tv playback and I can pause just fine. Ill have to try on my shield when I get home but its definitely fine on my FireTV. The tuning time for me was about 7 seconds. 

You probably don't have the direct stream option enabled.

TylerV76

You probably don't have the direct stream option enabled.

I had turned it on but it didn't stick apparently. It reverted back to off.