WTV Files Don't Play

Scott750

Scott750

Can the Android App play all WTV files that are OTA recorded? These are H.264 and not copy-once protected or anything. The app will start to load a WTV file but the screen just goes black. My server CPU will jump to 50% for about 5 mins then back down to 0%. Almost like its trying to transcode then times out. 

Redshirt

If the server can transcode it, the client should be able to play it. Server and transcode logs might reveal something.

Scott750

Ok, here are the Server and Transcode logs. I was playing with this around 1am this morning and just now at 1030am. Both times the screen would go black like something was going to start but after 10 mins of nothing I just exited out of the app.

server-63534412799.zip

transcode-1b375e5a-56e7-429d-bbaa-b067e003609d.txt

Redshirt

Something isn't right there but I can't say what yet. 

at 1:30 am you tried to play an .mkv (21 jump street). I'd like to see the transcode log associated with that playback attempt. The server log doesn't contain any record of you trying to play the wtv file (almost human) It ends at 10:18 am. So I'd like to see the server log that overlaps the wtv playback attempt also. 

Scott750

So the forum is allowing me to upload a max file size of 50KB. I compressed the server/transcode logs and they are 102KB. Can I email these to you or is there a hosting site I can use? Photobucket only takes photos and videos.

Scott750

I don't see where to upload a file to paste2.org. It just wants me to type code and pick a computer language.

EDIT - mis-typed, I was really on paste2.org

Edited by Scott750

Redshirt

paste the contents of the log and select plain text/other so it doesn't alter the format.

Redshirt

@@Tikuf

Do you see anything strange with those logs?

Edited by Redshirt

blade005

Can the Android App play all WTV files that are OTA recorded? These are H.264 and not copy-once protected or anything. The app will start to load a WTV file but the screen just goes black. My server CPU will jump to 50% for about 5 mins then back down to 0%. Almost like its trying to transcode then times out. 

Scott750,

Android App can play WTV files if using the internal player.  I can not direct play the WTV files, but I play back OTA Recorded WTV files through the Android App without any issues when the server transcodes the file first.

Tikuf

I cant't see anything in the server logs after a quick look

you tired a playback of the wtv at 1.10 via the dash and then 2 attempts via the android client at i think it was 1.16 and 1.19 can i see those last 2 transcode logs thanks.

Edit: After a closer look it is an android bug that is fixed in the next build. 

Edited by Tikuf

Scott750

Scott750,

Android App can play WTV files if using the internal player. I can not direct play the WTV files, but I play back OTA Recorded WTV files through the Android App without any issues when the server transcodes the file first.

All of my WTV files are OTA recorded on my Win7 HTPC. I just copy/pasted these onto my server. I just clicked on the WTV file to open just to see what would happen. Others had mentioned they could play the files without issue. Was hoping to catch up on my recordings while I'm on a road trip for the week.

I cant't see anything in the server logs after a quick look

you tired a playback of the wtv at 1.10 via the dash and then 2 attempts via the android client at i think it was 1.16 and 1.19 can i see those last 2 transcode logs thanks.

Edit: After a closer look it is an android bug that is fixed in the next build.

Tikuf, thanks for looking into this. Do you know when the next build is scheduled to be released?

Tikuf

Red just uploaded the beta a few hrs ago so a couple of days at most until it hits release I would think.

• 10 months later...
SalAnders

I had this same behavior on build Version 3.0.5518.7.  Turning off Cinema mode for Movies and Episodes resolved the black screen issue and the wtv file playback was successful.