Does Episode Thumb Image Name Matter

vmcosco
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

vmcosco

Process of renaming all of the episode files in my library.  I'm using Filebot to rename.  I tested on one folder and observed the following:

Original files:  Homeland - S01E01.mkv, Homeland - S01E01.nfo, Homeland - S01E01-thumb.jpg

Renamed Files: Homeland - S01E01 [720P HDTV].mkv, Homeland - S01E01 [720P HDTV].nfo, Homeland - S01E01 [720P HDTV].jpg

So, Filebot is removing the "-thumb" from the episode image.  I scanned the library, everything still looks good.  Episode status is all the same, images are all the same etc.  I was expecting Emby to create Homeland - S01E01 [720P HDTV]-thumb.jpg during the scan, but it did not.  Is this the expected behavior?  Is it picking up the image from somewhere else besides the season folder?

Just making sure that I am good to rename everything.

• Solution

it is normally episode-thumb.jpg but i think it's also picking up episode.jpg and this is working fine.

• Like 1

vmcosco

it is normally episode-thumb.jpg but i think it's also picking up episode.jpg and this is working fine.

Thanks.  So i can expect that any newly added files will still get the episode-thumb.jpg convention?