Server Start Up Hang Up

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I don't know if this is directly Emby related or, if I'm too thick to read the actual message, but every time my server starts up, either manually or a restart, the Microsoft Visual C++ setup window appears causing my system to hang until a human interacts with it.
Each time I try to install it, or possibly update my current version, it says I already have Microsoft Visual C++ installed. 

I'm not versed enough with MVC++ to comfortably uninstall it and reinstall it. Who knows maybe it's super simple, but before I break something out of ignorance, I figured I would see if this is an isolated incident or if this is happening elsewhere, and ultimately how I can resolve this so when my server restarts when I'm not home, I don't get family calls freaking out lol.

Thinking out loud, could this also be a administrative rights issue that I could resolve by toggling Emby server to run as admin?

Thanks so much

Initial Message: https://i.imgur.com/FMeSF4z.png

Follow Up: https://i.imgur.com/L6El71u.png

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Pro as the OS for reference.

I would try installing the one it's asking  you to install, and then see if it still comes up. Thanks.

atomicmoon

Thank you! 

My paranoia of destroying my server got the better of me so I wanted to check here first. I wouldn't have even questioned it, had it just installed on its own. All the errors and asking me to uninstall just felt like I could find myself in some trouble.

But, I just hunted for the latest version Microsoft recommended and this time the install did not error out, server restarted without any human interaction.