External players unable to play media after restart

dcol

New issue since update to Emby 4.x

If I back out of any media while playing, I can no longer play that media again without error using VLC.

The only way to play that media again in VLC is to clear the VLC data.

This issue does not exist using internal EXO player or other External players, just VLC so far

Logs sent at 8:37MST User:DLC

Emby server logs below. A new ffmpeg is created every time I try to open the media.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-8ceec7e0-9d46-4460-900c-b2241cf7edd6_1.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-093b99cd-7aa5-4ad0-b503-7aad782092a0_1.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-197c3fe3-cf9e-427e-9227-b7361abf33b0_1.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-a3f0b9bf-f58c-466e-98c2-6d8b1872abe3_1.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-c00e00c1-d06a-4c16-8813-1792ea51ce7f_1.txt

Edited by dcol

im following this post, because my shield tv is showing the exact same behavior with the internal player...  play video pause.. come back to resume play and spinning hour glass for a bit, then black screen..  the odd thing is on the roku 3 every thing works fine..  i hope they fix this issue...  my work around is to use VLC player.  also the new lay out is that displays on the video play screen is not often informative..  what i mean is where is says 1080p if you change it to 1080p trans coded it still just says 1080p,  all my  play back issues are tied to the internal player,,

Edited by Scuzzo

Don't ask me, I didn't develop Emby. Just happens. But it is not a huge problem for me since I do not normally watch streams via Emby on my computer. I just report what I see.

Can I do that in the web browser using Emby?

External Windows apps work fine, like VLC, NPVR, and Perfect Player

Edited by dcol

lightsout

This happens to me with the black screen on the web browser when watching a Live TV stream

I have noticed if I watch live tv on Emby, or I think even am in the guide. Sometimes when I go back to Emby it is just a black screen, and I can't even back out at that point, the only option is to kill the app. (this is with a Shield). I have not grabbed the log just adding to what is posted here.