Tv Shows show with episode count but no seasons

scarfoots

scarfoots

I have my tv shows added to my emby server, and have scanned and re scanned for meta data.  It finds the show, the cover art and the episode count which are all correct, but no seasons.  if i open the shop I have only the option to play one episode and nothing else even though it sees all the episodes in the library view.  I had similar problems with my anime directory and solved it by renaming all my files to this file structure, but it does not seem to be the case with regular tv shows.  most of my series in television are suffering from this issue.

here are some views for clarification

here is the poster showing 130 episodes available

As you can see there is only 1 episode available to play and no Seasons

My file structure

Edited by scarfoots

GOTCHA_SA

I have my tv shows added to my emby server, and have scanned and re scanned for meta data.  It finds the show, the cover art and the episode count which are all correct, but no seasons.  if i open the shop I have only the option to play one episode and nothing else even though it sees all the episodes in the library view.  I had similar problems with my anime directory and solved it by renaming all my files to this file structure, but it does not seem to be the case with regular tv shows.  most of my series in television are suffering from this issue.

here are some views for clarification

here is the poster showing 130 episodes available

5c46e54013744_poster.png

As you can see there is only 1 episode available to play and no Seasons

5c46e5707e91e_Seasons.png

My file structure

5c46e5b7c676c_directory.png

Hi

I have the exact same issue however seems to only be happening with newly added series. 

Emby is detecting the TV Series and then nothing else.

scarfoots

Ok i upgraded to 4.0.1.0 and the problem persists.

the weird thing is that it only happens for some series and not all of them  

I added the media as add library TV Shows

here are my settings 

Edited by scarfoots

scarfoots

i am clearing my cache ans i deleted the library so i will do a complete re scan when it is added to see if it changes anything.  i will report back the results.  the process was started before your last post, but i have done several re scans through the day both before and after the upgrade and saw no change

scarfoots

Can you please run a library scan? thanks.

library is half way refreshed and it seems to be the same.  i even enabled Display missing episodes within seasons

It is still counting episodes but not showing seasons

This is happening to me as well. Emby 4.0.1

It seems to only be on a new series I added after the 4.0 upgrade. At first it show 1 unwatched episode even though there are 2. After doing a rescan, it now shows no unwatched number and the season is missing even though those 2 unwatched episodes still exist.

This is happening to me as well. Emby 4.0.1

It seems to only be on a new series I added after the 4.0 upgrade. At first it show 1 unwatched episode even though there are 2. After doing a rescan, it now shows no unwatched number and the season is missing even though those 2 unwatched episodes still exist.

@@kaelin please create a new topic for your issue. Thanks.

scarfoots

Here is a complete directory tree.  I have also since enabled all metadata services and still have the same results.  19 out of the 25 in this directory no not have seasons, but all of them have the proper episode count.  The same goes for my other TV directory but i am focusing on this one due to its small size.  i appreciate your help 

I would prefer not to post the contents of the children's TV folder, but as you can see in the address bar of the following screenshot all of the media is place in folders of the series name. 

Edited by scarfoots

scarfoots

Ok so i completely uninstalled and installed the beta and it seems to be working.  I will report back when it is done scanning

The issue is probably something related to the upgrade and not a general issue within the server. That's most likely why it is working for you now. Thanks.

scarfoots

I don't think so because this was my first time installing emby. It was a fresh install of 4.0.0.1 and the issue was there. The issue was still there when I upgraded the server. I think it was more likely an issue of me adding all of my media without letting the library scan complete before adding the next. I am adding each section individually this time. Letting the scan complete before adding the next. This method seems to be working