Can not update emby docker/I broke emby and can't watch movies

evilmatchbox

evilmatchbox

So I am very new to emby and unraid.  I tried to follow the basic unraid install and add to repositories 

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Build/tree/master/unraid-templates/emby

Basically I broke my emby.  I re download it using community apps.  I don't think it ever fully removes it self because it installs in about a quarter of the time it took, compared to the first time installing the docker.  But when i reinstalled it, the movies are all there and can browse no problem.  But when ever I select a movie it just constantly loads and never plays. Currently running Unraid 6.6.0 and Emby Server docker Version 3.5.3.0 trying to upgrade to Version 4.0.1.0.

Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong here.

post-395587-0-12122600-1548129400_thumb.jpg

post-395587-0-79880300-1548129413_thumb.jpg

post-395587-0-81789400-1548129420_thumb.jpg

EMBY log.txt

Edited by evilmatchbox

Hi, could this be the problem?

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/mnt/TV Shows'.

Is this mount just no longer available?

evilmatchbox

I haven't checked Tv Shows.  Movies for sure are having this issue.  They won't play in emby.  But if I wack to the server on my main windows PC and go to media I can play the movies directly but with in Emby none of the movies will play.  

But just to clarify is that how you are supposed to update to the version of emby?  

evilmatchbox

I don't know if this is helpful, but while trying to show a buddy at work who has a little knowledge of linux, I noticed in the server manager it is showing that the stream is playing however, all I still get is the spinning logo.  Ive noticed the playtime on the server manager will count me as viewing from 0 to around 15 to 20 seconds.  Then it will start over again at 0 like im constantly restarting the stream.

It will eventually stop after 2-5 minutes in and report:

Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details

post-395587-0-60593100-1548170957_thumb.png

post-395587-0-88392200-1548171007_thumb.png

Edited by evilmatchbox

evilmatchbox

Hi, could this be the problem?

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/mnt/TV Shows'.

Is this mount just no longer available?

Good call, I was sure i checked,  but apparently after trying to update host path 2 was set to /mnt instead of /mnt/user/Media.  Forgot to change it back from after my failed upgrade.  

evilmatchbox

I just wanted to say thanks Luke.  After getting some sleep, I tried Putty into the server and running docker pull emby/embyserver:latest.  Ran like a charm.  As stated I don't know much about unraid,linux, or emby... yet.  But i think I was having some sort of permissions issue.  I guess since with putty I am forced to login with credentials I was finally able to run the pull the update.  That's my best guess at least.