Password vs. pin, not working correctly anymore locally

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

I have separate passwords and pins, and lately pins have stopped working even though the server is on the same machine as Theater. I have to change the server to "localhost" (as opposed to the machine name) to get pins to work, but if I close and restart Theater, it forgets localhost and goes back to the machine name. When pins don't work, passwords do, so apparently even though it's all on the same box, it thinks it's connecting externally. My phone doesn't have the same problem nor does the web client.

Guest asrequested

I don't have Theater and the sever on the same machine, so it sounds like it won't affect me.

Is this specific to having a PIN, or is it generally the password? 

TheShanMan

I'm not sure what that question means. I have both pins and passwords on my users and when this condition exists the pins don't work on the local instance of Theater and I have to enter the passwords instead, or switch the server to "localhost" and then I can use the pin.

@, no by pin he means the easy pin sign in feature that you can configure on the user password screen.

Guest asrequested

@, no by pin he means the easy pin sign in feature that you can configure on the user password screen.

Yeah, I know, and that seems to be what he's having a problem, with. The PIN.

TheShanMan

Yeah the pin without using connect. Theater apparently mistakenly thinks it's connecting across the internet so it's requiring the password instead of allowing the pin. Do you know whatever you need to get this fixed?

TheShanMan

I'm pretty sure password with blank pin did not work either for me but if you're able to reproduce with pin then I'm sure you'll get it all figured out. This is super annoying so thanks a lot for looking at it!!!

Strange, i tested this and was not able to reproduce. I am able to use the pin code sign in on the same machine as the server.

TheShanMan

It started working properly around the time of your response, @@Luke, so I figured it got fixed. But it started happening again last night. I tried in WMC and the same problem happened there. So either it's code that's common to both or it's the server. Either way, it thinks the auth request is coming across the internet, but setting the server to "localhost" gets it working. How can I permanently set the server to "localhost" because that never seems to stick?

daedalus

Is the local address displayed on the server dashboard correct?

here yes, and was always so

just to report back, here it's also working atm, will try to have an eye on it