Ghost library

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

After the upgrade to 4.0.1.0 a library has appeared in my main screen called "Audio Book 1" but it does not show under settings/libraries. Because it does not show under settings I have no option to delete it.

I have restarted the server and rebooted the computer but the ghost library persists. The library shows no content at all but I did create a library by that name some weeks ago under 4.0.0.1 for testing but I deleted it and it did not show before the update today.

How can I get rid of the ghost?

I have, I think, attached a screen shot and log.

EmbyLogFile_2019_01_21.txt5c465fc2520cc_Screen1.jpg

Strange. I think it's something hanging around in the database because the server wouldn't just create a library.

Try creating this folder

C:\Users\jt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default\Audio books1

Then run a scan and restart the server. See if it shows up and can be deleted from library setup after that.

Gilgamesh_48

Strange. I think it's something hanging around in the database because the server wouldn't just create a library.

Try creating this folder

C:\Users\jt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default\Audio books1

Then run a scan and restart the server. See if it shows up and can be deleted from library setup after that.

Now here is the last strange part of this:

I did nothing but allow the server to sit overnight and when I checked this morning the ghost library was gone. I have no idea what happened but maybe another scan allowed the server to discover that the ghost library really did not exist.

I "think" your suggestion would have fixed the problem but it looks to have fixed itself so it was not needed.

One more thing just as a matter of info for others: The ghost library did not show up on any client except the web app. I looked for it on a couple of Rokus, my Fire TV and my Shield TV and it showed on none of them but, at that time, it was still showing on the web app.

• 2 weeks later...
KeiznKlei

Currently having this issue on 4.0.1.0. I have a multiple same library but none of them are exsistent on my server dashboard library.

Edit: My Emby crashed after scanning and I think all is fixed. The folders disappear.

Edited by KeiznKlei

Currently having this issue on 4.0.1.0. I have a multiple same library but none of them are exsistent on my server dashboard library.

Edit: My Emby crashed after scanning and I think all is fixed. The folders disappear.

@@KeiznKlei please attach the emby server log from the crash. thanks !

• 1 month later...
KeiznKlei

@@KeiznKlei please attach the emby server log from the crash. thanks !

Hello again. Just created a new library, American Series, and it the BUG happened again. Now I've saved it. Please look into things. embyserver.txtpost-412688-0-94618300-1551940525_thumb.jpgpost-412688-0-35782400-1551940622_thumb.jpg

Edit: I've fixed the issue by deleting my newly created library and then restarting the server multiple times.

Edited by KeiznKlei

Hi, this happens if you click OK multiples times when adding the library. We are updating this to prevent this from happening, but in the meantime, here's what you can do:

• Remove the library from emby library setup
  • Run two full library scans
  • Then add it back

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1