4.0.0.2 Folder view not working on LG

Roland.Stranneborn

Roland.Stranneborn

Hi, when I used version 3 I always used Folder view, that's been the "killer feature" for me. It worked fine, used multiple levels. Worked fine on my LG WebOS apps too. But since I've upgraded to 4.0.0.2 it's not working on my LG WebOS app, but it does work on my Win10 PC. I've picked "Folder" for each library default screen. But on the LG app. only the top-level works, below it's just all films without any folder structure.

Hi there, apologies for the disruption. This is resolved for the next update to the LG app. Thanks !

unisoft

Hi there, apologies for the disruption. This is resolved for the next update to the LG app. Thanks !

If we are going to put a "FOLDERS" option in the menu for next LG APP release, can we please have a server side option to be able to NOT show it?

I detest this menu option as it makes a proper application look like some file explorer interface. I don't need use of the FOLDERS menu option (top menu) because I had taken time to ensure my meta data and structures followed the WIKI advice (though my collections were created under MB 2.6.2).

Any chance please that all the apps get some sort of server side customisation (or maybe client side?) for the menu options like FOLDERS?

Roland.Stranneborn

If we are going to put a "FOLDERS" option in the menu for next LG APP release, can we please have a server side option to be able to NOT show it?

I detest this menu option as it makes a proper application look like some file explorer interface. I don't need use of the FOLDERS menu option (top menu) because I had taken time to ensure my meta data and structures followed the WIKI advice (though my collections were created under MB 2.6.2).

Any chance please that all the apps get some sort of server side customisation (or maybe client side?) for the menu options like FOLDERS?

It wasn't a client option in the LG app and I'm not asking for an LG app option. It is a server option for each library. I think it works as you want. Edited by Roland.Stranneborn

It will have the same Folders tab that you see in the web app.

@@unisoft to answer your question, yes I think some server-side control to disable it is reasonable for the future. thanks.

• Like 1

Roland.Stranneborn

Luke, I used to see a Folder tab. It is gone on the web app too now and there is instead an option for each library. I think that's a good solution, as long as it works. Here's where i set it, it's not the old Tab:

post-377739-0-92906400-1548105022_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roland.Stranneborn

There's no settings anymore, it's just there. You don't need to do anything. For example, a movie library. The Folders tab is last.

5c4636cb89bf6_Untitled.png

Roland.Stranneborn

There's no settings anymore, it's just there. You don't need to do anything. For example, a movie library. The Folders tab is last.

5c4636cb89bf6_Untitled.png

Hi Luke, do you know approx when the LG app will be fixed?  Or is there a way for me to go back to the old V3 at the server side to get it back working? (it's kind of ironic I had it all working well, so I paid my life-time Premium, then the next day V4 came and messed up my setup ...).

• 2 weeks later...
Roland.Stranneborn

As soon as it gets through LG app review. Hopefully soon. Thanks.

Hi Luke, it hasn't been updated yet. I tried to uninstall and reinstall on one of my TVs, still no Folders option. Besides, it's very very slow to show the defgaulty movie list. How long does it usually take LG to approve it? Can I downgrade and go back to V3, that worked fine for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
Roland.Stranneborn

Hopefully it will be available soon. Thanks.

It's now more than a month since the update broke my system. I think I deserve more than a "hopefully soon" reply! How long does it usually take for LG to approve an app? When did you submit it?

unisoft

It's now more than a month since the update broke my system. I think I deserve more than a "hopefully soon" reply! How long does it usually take for LG to approve an app? When did you submit it?

In contrast, other customers don't want a FOLDERS menu option. It isn't Windows Explorer/File Manager after all! A polished piece of software turned into some glorified file explorer.

If meta data is correct, there should be no need for a FOLDERS view - it's about time changes like this had a config option in Advanced Settings to trigger these menu options off or on depending on admin choice (like Trailers, favourites, Upcoming). Hopefully the LG app will also respect the new "sticky" option where you can set, say GENRES as the default view when going into ALL MOVIES from home screen.

Roland.Stranneborn

In contrast, other customers don't want a FOLDERS menu option. It isn't Windows Explorer/File Manager after all! A polished piece of software turned into some glorified file explorer.

If meta data is correct, there should be no need for a FOLDERS view - it's about time changes like this had a config option in Advanced Settings to trigger these menu options off or on depending on admin choice (like Trailers, favourites, Upcoming). Hopefully the LG app will also respect the new "sticky" option where you can set, say GENRES as the default view when going into ALL MOVIES from home screen.

I'm not asking for a new function. I'm asking that an option that worked in V3 gets fixed so it works again. Your persecution of this is sick!

• 3 weeks later...
Roland.Stranneborn

So finally today, just after I got the 4.0.3.0 update the LG app was "coincidentally" updated, now it works. But there's no Folder option at the top line (neither PC nor LG), I assume it works due to the Library settings. Anyway, I'm happy again, although it took nearly 2 months. Thanks.