Weird Audio Issues

bigverm23

bigverm23

Emby Server 4

Linux Mint 18.3

Intel if-3570k

Intel VAAPI Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd for Transcoding

so I'm direct streaming a file, using the default 7.1 audio, when I switch from the play menu to the other available audio (to attempt full direct play) which is AAC, it does this weird thing where you can only hear the commentary from the director or whomever.

I did this at 0743 am today - it started playback using AAC around 0743:17 today.  Logs attached.

embyserver-63683654882.txt

hardware_detection-63683654885.txt

Edited by bigverm23

Bloodfire

Sounds to me like the source audio is a commentary. Have you looked at the native file and checked to see what audio plays from the other audio sources? I usually toubleshoot this type of issue with VLC, and changing audio source in there.

I have several files where AAC is commentary and TRUE/DTS/ETC are the actual video audio... 

Looking forward to your reply!

bigverm23

That's what I thought as well but its every file played through Emby.

If I play that same track in Plex it's not commentary.

Was hoping it was a setting somewhere that I missed.

Bloodfire

Hmmm, interesting... I wonder... have you checked to see if it's a permissions issue? It's less likely, but it's possible... I would do ls -l on your cache, metadata, transcoding, and your media files... see if anytihng is amiss. If it occurred after upgrade to 4.0 from 3.x, then I had an issue where emby user lost it's GID value that I assigned, and as such didn't have permissions for all the files. Wonder if you're having a similar issue.