My files stopped playing?

Copenhagen

Hi.  Did you confirm this?

The playback of Frozen may be a red herring.

Try just playing "Home" and then stopping.  Then don't touch the Roku but see if your server is responding via the web.

Yes, I tried few other titles, and so far it looks like Frozen is the only one that causing this, despite replacing the actual file with another one with different resolution and re scanning the library. 

Yes, I tried few other titles, and so far it looks like Frozen is the only one that causing this, despite replacing the actual file with another one with different resolution and re scanning the library. 

So, when you did what I requested, there was no problem...?

At what point, exactly, does the server appear to stop responding (because, as you noted, there are no playback references to Frozen in the log you posted so it can't really be playback of that item).

A soon as I hit play for Frozen. The spinner wheel appears, but is motionless. Looking at the time stamp of my last attempt it happens as soon as I hit play on Frozen, the log just stops where request for playback should be. And server shows offline immediately - tested with Android app open at the same time. 

Edited by DiGecko

@@speechles would a 404 response from the .bif url cause any problem?

2019-01-24 11:46:49.353 Error HttpServer: Could not find handler for /emby/Videos/8442/index.bif
2019-01-24 11:46:49.358 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 192.168.7.161. Time: 7ms. http://192.168.7.203:8096/emby/Videos/8442/index.bif?width=320&mediaSourceId=80b1f75c71bc1a328cbfdeda6b137a9b

@@speechles would a 404 response from the .bif url cause any problem?

2019-01-24 11:46:49.353 Error HttpServer: Could not find handler for /emby/Videos/8442/index.bif
2019-01-24 11:46:49.358 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 192.168.7.161. Time: 7ms. http://192.168.7.203:8096/emby/Videos/8442/index.bif?width=320&mediaSourceId=80b1f75c71bc1a328cbfdeda6b137a9b

No as that happens routinely.

Also, the server is what is locking up, not the app...

I suspect an image.

Does Frozen have any images in the folder with it?  Can you delete them if so?

No other files in the folder. I did remove images from the server from metadata menu and force refreshed metadata with re download of images. As soon as I tried to play it from roku - same issue happened. Attaching latest log. 

I am suspecting it's something with information that server keeps for the movie, but I cannot find actual folder for it on the drive to manually purge it. 

embyserver.txt

Edited by DiGecko

@@ebr How was that determined?

I am having similar issues. Ever since update to 4.0.1.0 every time I try to playback on Roku it crashes the server, so I have to go and restart it.

Unfortunately, this is another case of two different people in this thread with completely different problems.

Ok i'm a little confused in that case, but as far as DiGecko's problem is concerned, i think that needs to be debugged in the app.

Ok i'm a little confused in that case, but as far as DiGecko's problem is concerned, i think that needs to be debugged in the app.

DiGecko's issue is freezing the server.  The app is also freezing up be we already know that is because all communications from the server have stopped.

He stated that the server doesn't respond to anything after attempting to play that item and he has to restart.

Sending logs from Roku at 4:44 pm, logged in user Media, from Living Room Roku Roku SG 3.0.134.

Edited by DiGecko

Sending logs from Roku at 4:44 pm, logged in user Media, from Living Room Roku Roku SG 3.0.134.

Thanks but, if you are only able to navigate by hitting "home" on the Roku after this happens, then we won't see anything in the log.

Still, I'm pretty sure I know what is going on from the Roku end.  It just isn't reacting well to the server "going away" in the middle of its process.  We need to improve that but the best we will be able to do is kick you out or send you back to the sign in screen.

Any advice on fixing the title not playing? We played it before dozens of times - my kid falls asleep to it a lot, so it's kind of important :)

Again, I did try different rip of it with different resolution, that did not solve anything, I was deleting metadata from the server menu and deleting the item from the server menu too each time. 

@@DiGecko it does look like your server is crashing. Question on that, are you able to get it to crash through any other means, like for instance, browsing around the web app?

@@DiGecko it does look like your server is crashing. Question on that, are you able to get it to crash through any other means, like for instance, browsing around the web app?

Tried in Chrome on multiple computers and in Android app - no issues at all, including the playback of Frozen. 

If you "Edit Images" on that item in the web app, what images are there?

I may be chasing a goose here but just want to be sure.

If you "Edit Images" on that item in the web app, what images are there?

I may be chasing a goose here but just want to be sure.

They show up just fine, I tried deleting them from the web app and downloading alternative ones - no go.

If you delete the logo and don't allow the scanner to go get another one, does the problem still occur?

If so, can you please request to play the item on Roku and then immediately grab the server log and post it here?

Thanks.

Okay, sorry to ask you this again but can you please turn on the "Debug" logging level in your server then restart the server, then do that again and post the server log?

We don't need the app log.

Thanks.