71 replies to this topic

#61 EZEd OFFLINE  

EZEd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Local time: 02:49 PM

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:44 PM

Try moving the movie out of your library, running a full library scan, and then adding it back. Thanks.

You may also have to rename the movie filename for this to work. That's how it was for me. Removing the folder alone caused no change for me unless/until I renamed the main movie file prior to adding back to library and rescanning. Simply adding -1 to the end of the movie filename but prior to the extension fixed it (e.g. Star Wars (1977).mkv became Star Wars (1977)-1.mkv). Once added back to library and rescanned allowed for the movie to show up in the collection.

YMMV
EZEd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#62 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15360 posts
  • Local time: 06:49 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

And that would point to broken entries in the database that are not being deleted when the item is removed from the library.  You would need to look in the database once you removed the item that doesn't work to see if there are still remanence of it.

But New media folders and libraries usually work so basically there is corruption within the current database that can not be resolved.

#63 jonboyuk OFFLINE  

jonboyuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:45 AM

So are we saying this is actually fixed now, but we just need to amend some filenames, and or rebuild the library to repair the db?

#64 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136138 posts
  • Local time: 09:49 AM

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:31 PM

So are we saying this is actually fixed now, but we just need to amend some filenames, and or rebuild the library to repair the db?

Well it's been a difficult one to chase down and so far I'm attributing it to the 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade. This doesn't appear to happen with new content, so moving it out of the library and back in is a way of making it become new again.

#65 EZEd OFFLINE  

EZEd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:05 PM

Well it's been a difficult one to chase down and so far I'm attributing it to the 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade. This doesn't appear to happen with new content, so moving it out of the library and back in is a way of making it become new again.

...This doesn't appear to happen with new content, so moving it out of the library and back in is a way of making it become new again.

This...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#66 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15360 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

This is not entirely true as users have done this with no avail.  So there has to be rogue db entries that are not being removed, as new path and library do appear to fix the issues as mentioned in other topics.

So to me as long as the rogue entries exist that item/path is broke forever. 

#67 jonboyuk OFFLINE  

jonboyuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:36 PM

What I can tell you is amending the filenames definitely doesn't work :/ I'll try the moving in and out suggestion.

#68 EZEd OFFLINE  

EZEd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

Forgot one other step. In addition to removing the file/folder from library, renaming and rescanning, you may have to go into the actual collection xml file and remove its entry there as well. This is the other thing that Ive done in conjunction that may have an effect. I did them all together. So I dont know which one has/had the greatest influence on fixing the problem. I never did any one or two without the others. My approach is always to 1)remove file/folder from libray 2) open collection xml file in notepad and remove errant/missing title, save xml 3)rescan library 4) rename video file 5) place renamed file/folder back into main movies folder 6) rescan library 7) go to newly added renamed movie entry and add to collection(s). Seems to work without any further fuss. Inconvenient but works.

Edited by EZEd, 11 September 2019 - 04:06 PM.

#69 Jibest OFFLINE  

Jibest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

I've a similar situation which I've now (hopefully) resolved thanks to EZEd's advice:

Library Setup:

My Movies

My Kids Movies (limited to GB-U parental rating)

My brother's movies (library points to a Qnap USB drive that holds a read only backup of my brothers content. Its his offsite backup effectively)

I get some duplicate films show up due to my brothers library which I then group with my content to avoid the duplicates appearing within Emby's Next up & Continue Watching sections.

I'd been having an issue with a collection where in the Kids profile they were unable to see one of the films within it.

It turns out that when I examined the collections xml file the path to that film was pointing to my brothers movie collection, which the Kid profile has no permission to access. Even if I removed the film from the collection and then added the film from my Kid library back into it it still showed the wrong path once the film was back in the collection.

To resolve I had to delete the collection, remove my brothers film from his library, recreate the collection, check the path now showed correctly as going to the film in the Kid movie library & then finally add his film back to his library. For some reason editing the xml directly & correcting the path did not work?

I'm hoping it does not now revert to the unwanted path, guess time will tell but maybe others with a similar setup will find this helpful.

#70 Jibest OFFLINE  

Jibest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:51 AM

Have actually found other examples of this now I know what to check for & found that you can simply edit the XML with the correct path.

Just need to refresh the metadata on the "Collections" library so it picks up the change.

Perhaps an option could be added to this library to tell it to favour certain library paths in the event of duplicate film detection?

Edited by Jibest, 12 September 2019 - 09:51 AM.

#71 jonboyuk OFFLINE  

jonboyuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:06 PM

How do you edit the xml? I thought Emby was nfo based?  :unsure:

#72 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15360 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

How do you edit the xml? I thought Emby was nfo based?  :unsure:

The virtual collections reside in "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" (paths are different on other OSes) and collections have always been in xml format.  But yes for media Emby only does nfo metadata.

Collections and Playlists are created in xml.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Movies, Collection, Multiple file, 4K, HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users