Version 3.6/4 on ATV (Apple): Show next episode of a show broken

jacotec

Hi,

when I watch an episode of a show on my Apple TV with the Emby app, it will give me the option "Show next" when the current episode it at the end (during the end titles).

This function got broken in version 3.6/4.0.

When I confirm the "show next" button, Emby will play around 5-10 seconds of the next episode correctly, but then suddenly stop to the spinning wheel and then starting to play the very next episode.

Example:

I'm watching episode 10 of a show. At the end I press the "Show next" button, Emby will play the first seconds of episode 11 (as expected), but then the spinning wheel is shown and it'll start playing episode 12.

That issue was invented with 3.6/4.0 and did work OK with 3.5.

Thanks!

I believe this is an issue that has been reported in the past but we've been unable to re-create it to identify the problem. The hope has been that this issue will go away once we are on our new player.

@@Luke I'm fine with this, but I'd like to reproduce it again. By selecting an episode and right going to 1:30 before the end the change to the next episode did work.

Not sure if it only happens when I watch a whole episode or if it was gone with the 4.1.0.1 update.

Should I first check if the issue is still there when watching a complete episode?

vdatanet

There's no problem playing next episode with the beta, but there's no "Show next" option. When the episode finishes, it starts the next.