If a movie has 0:00:00 as resume position it should not appear in the "Continue watching" section.

vdatanet

vdatanet

Instead of using multiple versions of a movie, I have two libraries one called "Movies" and another called "Movies 4K". 

When I start playing a movie that is in both libraries, in the section "Resume watching", they appear both movies. But as you can see in the screenshot, the other movie can only be resumed from the beginning. That makes no sense. Therefore, if a movie has 0:00:00 as resume position it should not appear in the "Continue watching" section.

5c449710ca18e_Captura.png

• Like 1

Hi.  This is a special case.

The actual problem here is the lack of resume on the first one.

We store playback history by global ID so it is tied to the actual movie - not any particular copy of that movie.  That allows us to keep that information even if you relocate it or rebuild the system.

vdatanet

Since the two movies have the same ID, would it be possible for the two films to have the same resume position? For example, if in my living room I start the movie in 4k I could finish it in 1080p in my bedroom. I do not want to use multiple versions because I want to restrict 4k content to certain users.

Since the two movies have the same ID, would it be possible for the two films to have the same resume position?

They should.  That's what I'm saying is the problem here.  I don't know why they aren't showing the same resume.

vdatanet

Check the external id's between the two and ensure they are the same.

Yes, both movies have the same external ids.

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play can you reproduce this?

​Yes, the only difference in my test files is the name.  Each in a different library

5c4649e78b243_Resume.jpg

5c464a0492be9_resume1.jpg

5c464a1be95b7_resume2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
vdatanet

This seems to be fixed in the last server version. Now, both versions have the same resume position.

5c66a5fd3963f_Anotacin20190215124145.jpg

• Like 1