Can't get Movies by Genre icon to show up in MB3

BrettM

BrettM

Hi All

in the setup in MB3 (view options) I have checked the "Show Movie Genre collection" I have successfully placed icons in all the genres e.g. Horror, Adventure, comedy ect But I can't seem to get a icon in the Movies by Genre folder, there is a blank folder  showing up in the MB list when I scroll down to select movies by Genre it sits on the left hand side above the genre lists the view is setup as: Detail

I tried to take a screen shot inside MB but when I copied it to paint it was just all black, 

This is list in MB:

3D MOVIES - ICON ATTACHED

MOVIES - ICON ATTACHED

MUSIC - ICON ATTACHED

MUSIC VIDEOS - ICON ATTACHED

MUSIC CONCERTS - ICON ATTACHED

MOVIES BY GENRE - NO ICON ATTACHED  All Genres inside this folder have icons attached i.e Horror, Drama, Romance e.c.t.

TV SERIES - ICON ATTACHED

TRAILERS - ICON ATTACHED

I looked up how to do this and found a article I followed it to the letter but still couldn't get the icon to show up.

I have attached screen shots to try and help understand my problem

I now have no other ideas or am I just doing something wrong ? I have Rebooted the MB & server but no luck it still won't show up

regards

brett

post-3550-0-39852700-1398821238_thumb.jpg

post-3550-0-07019800-1398821271_thumb.jpg

post-3550-0-10520200-1398822051_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrettM

Yogi

Brett,

I think you have the Movies by Genre folder in the wrong folder,I have mine in the General folder under the IBN directory.If it doesn't exist, create it and put the Movies by Genre folder there.

• Like 1

BrettM

Ah ok thanks heaps I'll fix it now, Just one more thing sorry I am trying to install more themes to see which one I would like to purchase I have 2 HTPC'S one in the Home theatre room One is called Hits 1, the other is Hits 2.

On Hits 1 I have installed 3 different themes (as a trial) but when I try to install the same Themes on Hits 2 (Crystal) I click on the theme in the catalogue in MB Classic to install it the screen dims and nothing happens?

Do I have to have separate logins for each machine ?

I have deleted all traces of the MB then reinstalled but I still get the same result.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

Brett