Happauge Tuner wont play

PRAGMA

So I setup a tuner yesterday which required me to buy and install WinTV 8.5

I then setup the channels added the tuner, and stuff worked.

I have yet to reboot my PC or the Emby Server and it no longer works.

On Web UI it infinitely loads, on the Android TV App it says eventually unable to tune channel.

I tried opening WinTV (which played ch#1 BBC One fine) and then tried stopping it and trying again, still nothing.

Tried closing WinTV from here and try again, still nothing.

EDIT:

Just tried restarting Emby Server and try again, but I realized this is what caused Emby Server to never restart (as explained in my earlier thread).

So I guess to cause the never restart bug:

- Have whatever is happening to me here where the live tv tuner never works

- Have it so it infinitely is playing a channel that never loads or fails (In Web UI)

- Now try reboot the server, it closes and reopens the process but never starts the web ui again or anything like that

JzPz2L9.png

Edited by PRAGMA

arrbee99

I use a Hauppauge pci-e tuner with NextPVR and occasionally find that it just won't play anything, and that rebooting PC does indeed help (though just not watching tv for a few days also worked on occasion).

No guarantees and hardly the most elegant solution...

I use a Hauppauge pci-e tuner with NextPVR and occasionally find that it just won't play anything, and that rebooting PC does indeed help (though just not watching tv for a few days also worked on occasion).

No guarantees and hardly the most elegant solution...

Yeah I got a PCI-e card as well.

If you want try use DVBViewer Pro + DVBviewer Media Server (Its a bit costly) but it has worked out a bit better and might help for you.

The reason im not using this even though I have before and have it still, is because it doesnt work with the new Emby Guide Data which has a lot more information than off my EPG Cable.

arrbee99

Thanks, but will probably stick with NextPVR for now. I've tried MediaPortal+plugin and the WinTV method (both of which are pretty good) and keep on coming back to NextPVR. Generally it works and the guide info is reasonable including posters (which can be wrong, but I'll survive).