pr4100 server 4.0.0.2 does not play videos

apcimino2

apcimino2

Hi,

My library finds new videos but does not play them.

To get them to play I have to manually rename the files and restart the server.

Unfortunately, this only works sometimes.

The files play fine outside of Emby but are not playable via the browser or Roku.

Log file attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anthony

emby-log.txt

Edited by apcimino2

apcimino2

What part am I missing? Is it not posted in the right forum?

I described the issue, the server version and attached a log file.

Hi there, can you please attach a complete log file, as this is only a small portion of a log. Also was there an ffmpeg log? If so then please attach that too. Thanks.

so the filename is this?

/nfs/Public/Shared TV/Leah Remini Scientology And The Aftermath/leah.remini.scientology.and.the.aftermath.s03e09.web.h264-tbs.mkv.mp4 | openload.mp4

The issue is the pipe in the filename. That's just a known issue for now, but currently those will have a problem.

apcimino2

I don't think that's it.

This file: 

Maine.Cabin.Masters.S03E06.Hook.Line.and.Sinker.WEB.x264-CAFFEiNE.mkv.mp4 | openload.mp4

plays fine.

whereas the original file in the post does not.

It seems arbitrary what plays and what doesn't. If it's the pipe I can say that this problem was introduced in the 4.0 release. The previous 3.X didn't have a problem.

Also, removing the pipe from filenames and rescanning my library did not resolve the issue.

apcimino2

New log attached.

This one I

- attempted to play a file with a pipe in the name that previously failed. As expected it did not play.

- tried to play a file with a pipe in the name that previously played - maine cabin masters - it also failed. It previously played fine on Roku. This attempts are being made through a browser.

- I renamed the Scientology show removing the pipe in the name. The show now appears in the show listing as the other videos that are available. Previously it appeared as a small rectangle instead of a larger letterbox. The video does not play. But... my video download plug-in says the video is there for me to download.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

embylog.txt

It looks like you still have pipes. try running a library scan now that you've renamed the files. then once that is done, then try to play again. thanks.