Google Drive Massive Upload

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I rarely use the Google Drive sync feature, but when I do it's just for a movie here and there for my niece and nephew. 
Intro aside, I went into my drive the other day and it appears that there is now a folder for every movie, TV show, TV channel I've ever had, now has a folder in my sync folder.

There appears to be nothing inside any of them except for the few that I actually uploaded.

I don't remember this being the case previously, but I have to admit I didn't look in the folder very often.

Since there's no data in any of the folders, I wasn't too concerned until I tried to remove them and boy oh boy is this a fun chore lol.

There are so many folders that the web page tends to bog down and stop responding when trying to select more than a page of folders.

I'm slowly getting them down, but hanging on  to a few in case a screen shot would be needed to help, (not sure what it could show).

The upload dates are all in December, and they range from movies I obtained in December, to movies I've had for years now.

Just something I found weird, that might be by design, but whatever you do, don't delete the root folder, because it will then sync items to the deleted folder.

Just when I think I have something figured out.....

Edited by atomicmoon

atomicmoon

What would be the best example to produce to help with this?

I don't think I have logs still from that period. About all I can do is take a screen shot of a bunch of empty folders.

As I'm writing this, could this be part of the Emby backup process? I recently installed the plugin around this time period.

Sounds like you created a sync job for a parent folder. If this is something that happened in the past then it's difficult to offer much more thoughts than that. If there is still an active sync job you can always cancel it in the server dashboard under Download & sync.

• Like 1