API Returns "NowViewingItem" info as nothing, even though I am now viewing an item.

chef

chef

Hi Luke,

Not sure why this is happening, but the session information returns no info from the API about viewing items.

the web client might not be reportingit night now. i'll restore it when i get a chance. but keep in mind very few clients are reporting that so you have to be able to handle it beign null

chef

Great! i wrote a "spot finder" class in the kinect app to help it figure out which commands to load, and which to ignore based on position in media browser.

I am wondering now how to deal with no viewing item info. It's going to make things difficult.

chef

based on position? what you should be looking at is the supported commands list.

Sorry @@Luke just to clarify, not media browser remote command, but the spot finder lets my app know what library the user is looking at, so it can load the speech commands for each media item name into the speech recognizer.

Example:

"Go to Iron Man" <-- Iron man is a result of an Item query.

But, I only load the names of the items found in the Currently Viewing Library and Library names into the recognizer. My app needs to know what the user is looking at when it starts, so it can figure out what library Item Names to load.

Edited by chef