Configure External Player to Play DVD Folder Rips v4.0.0.2

WalBob

Hi, I am in the process of setting up EMBY Theater to replace EMC. I have an large number of ripped Music Concert DVD folders that I want to access (no I do not want to convert to MKV as the DVD menu structure access to concerts, interviews and additional content ad-hoc is preferred for myself and family).

I only want to use an external player for the DVD Folder Rips (VIDEO_TS)

Under External Player configuration, I can get everything working fine using "mpc-be64" as the external player with the external player enabled for "All Media Types", ie Video Files, Internet Streams, Blu-Ray, DVD and ISO.

However, if just selecting Blu-ray, DVD and ISO, the External player is not evoked for my DVD Folder rips. These seem to only work with "Video Files" selected.

I would expect that by just selecting DVD for the external player media type, that this would then evoke the external player for DVD folder rips (VIDEO_TS)? Have I misunderstood something?

EMBY Server:   v4.0.0.2

EMBY Theater: v3.0.6

mpc-be64:         1.5.3 (build 4167) beta

Again, everything works fine with "All Media Types" or just "Video Files" selected, but I only want to evoke the external player for DVD folder rips?

Help!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
cue1boy

I have set this up as you have but when i try to play one of my dvd folders MPC-BE just opens at the main screen and nothing starts to play directly. How do you make it play the content you click to play in Emby ? Cheers.

I have set this up as you have but when i try to play one of my dvd folders MPC-BE just opens at the main screen and nothing starts to play directly. How do you make it play the content you click to play in Emby ? Cheers.

Hi there, how did you configure the external player?

cue1boy

I wouldn't have a clue what to put in there, Is there a list of arguments anywhere i can refer to, Thanks.

Edited by cue1boy

I wouldn't have a clue what to put in there, Is there a list of arguments anywhere i can refer to, Thanks.

You'll have to research the command line arguments that mpc-be expects in order to launch a video file.

WalBob

I use MBC-BE x64 to play DVD Rip folders from EMBY. The only command line argument I use is....   {path}

My setup also uses Shark007 Codecs, so there are a couple of settings I change in MBC-BE to use the 'System Default' Video Renderer and ensure MBC-BE maximises the screen. I have also mapped some MBC-BE x64 commands to be able to control playback with a MCE remote, ie, select main DVD menu and Audio Track. This is done inside MBC-BE under 'View'... 'Options'. I would upload a MBC-BE registry settings file but can't see and upload attachment option in the chat?