Filter Recording Playstate Not Working

dranderson402

dranderson402

It seems since the v4.0.0.2 update I can't filter my recordings by unplayed (in the web app) or unwatched (in the android tv app). Both the web and android tv apps still show everything when I select unplayed or unwatched.

If it matters, I use a single folder for recordings so the library was automatically set to mixed content.

dranderson402

Using the web app, click on the Recordings library, then the Series library. Click on Filter and select Unplayed from Playstate. Page still shows series that do not have any episodes to watch.

Here is a screenshot of page unfiltered. Both Blue Bloods and Chicago Fire are caught up and watched. Blindspot and Chicago Med have unwatched (unplayed) episodes.

5c4232e26fb81_unfiltered.jpg

I clicked on Filter and selected Unplayed from Playstate.

5c423354e6c19_unplayed.jpg

Clicked the arrow to go back to the page and get this.

5c42337ea5f48_filtered.jpg

Blue Bloods and Chicago Fire are still there. In the previous version they wouldn't be shown.

This also happens in the Android TV app when I select Unwatched but worked in the previous version.

dranderson402

This is still a problem in v4.0.1

However, I did notice when I used the recordings library to watch the only episode of a show, when I finished and went back to the recordings library, the show (which didn't have any more episodes to watch) dropped off the list as if the filter was working. But when I exiteed that screen and went back in the show reappeared.

I was using the android tv app when I noticed this. Here's the example. Had 1 episode of celebrity big brother to watch. Show and folder only had the one episode.

From main menu I moved over to Recordings library

Clicked on Series

Went to Celebrity BB

Played Next Up

Show ended so I clicked back

On the recordings screen Celebrity BB disappeared.

Clicked back

Clicked on Series

Celebrity BB was back showing no episodes to watch

Unwatched filter is still selected.

Fratopolis

Even with a new install of emby it does this. Used a fresh install and pointed to my DVR folder and the same thing happens.

Will logs help with this?

Edited by Fratopolis

Fratopolis

Not sure. I've posted about it in two threads but has not been acknowledged yet. So far you, one other, and I are the only ones who have asked about this issue.

Side note is that with 4.0 being released there are most likely are pressing issues than the filter as it is just a small annoyance. Let them work on other things for a bit. I'll revisit the issue later if it is not fixed once they have some time to resolve more pressing matters.

This is the most actively developed product and the most active Dev to User Q/A out there I feel. So we tend to take that for granted and are used to having things answered asap lol. I try to remember that when I know there's a lot going on with EMBY when I have a small issue. So I make it known and if busy wait until it looks like things settle a bit.

dranderson402

On, I understand completely they have more pressing things to address. I was just looking for a confirmation of the problem and it's on their list, no matter how low on the list. The filter is extremely wife friendly when looking for new stuff to watch. Being able to hide watched shows helps.

Fratopolis

PS this is only happening on the recordings folder. Not the ones we manually add like movies or other season show folders

dranderson402

PS this is only happening on the recordings folder. Not the ones we manually add like movies or other season show folders

Correct

Fratopolis

I found a work around BTW until this is fixed. Add another library pointing to the same location calling it "Fixed Recordings" or whatever you want it called, but do not add it as mixed content as it will produce the same result.

Make sure you add it as TV Shows. Then the filter works.

I tested this and it only happens when a Library is set to mixed content

Edited by Fratopolis

dranderson402

Wonder what would happen if I use the separate folders for both tv shows and movies? Will each library then become unmixed content? Will give it a go later and see.

dranderson402

I added the optional folders for both tv shows and movies. The 2 new libraries created are not mixed content. I get one library for tv shows called Recorded TV and it's set to TV Shows. Another library called Recorded Movies set to Movies.

For the TV Shows path I just used the originally created Series folder so I didn't have to move anything. I waited for the scan to finish but my Recorded TV Shows is empty. However I can still see them going through the old Recordings library which now has 2 folders, Movies and Series. The filters still don't work if I go that route.

Should I try creating a new folder for TV Shows and move the content?