Auto Organize has left the building

nagetech
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

nagetech

Howdy everyone! Hope everyone is well. Chiming in because I can't seem to figure out this issue with Auto Organize.

Server:

Windows Server 2012 with emby v4. It has already completed the initial library scan and everything is cataloged. I upgraded from 3.5. 

The Problem:

When I go to the Auto Organize plugin, and tell it to "organize" it pretty much fails across the board. Everything is in "red" as it can not find the corresponding show. No big deal, figured I'd have to manually "teach" emby so that it will know what to do in the future. When I click on the little folder icon, it brings up the pop up window to manually pick the show, put in the episode numbers etc. When clicking on the series drop down, it's empty! Odd, as emby has found all my shows and cataloged them properly.

If I go to the Media Type Drop down and switch from tv series to the "blank" option and then back to TV series, the TV Series Drop down now shows all my shows, GREAT! I thought. Figured maybe it was just a GUI glitch. I scroll down to find the show, select it, and am then greeted with "Error:Null". Bummer

The show in questions is Marvel's the Punisher, so I know the metadata exists for it. But, I have tried with other shows and all have the same error. I know the null error usually means no metadata can be found, but I know that is not the case this time.

Fixes Attempted:

1. Uninstalled the Auto Organize Plugin, restart emby, did a library scan, reinstalled the plugin, did another scan. Result: No Dice

2. Tried enable the beta option to "auto detect" series (even though the series already exist) Result: No Dice

3. Took a knee and said a prayer to the server gods to assist. Result: Didn't see the lego before kneeling, now my knee hurts. No Dice

4. Sobbed in the hopes that the server would pity me. Result: Significant other now questions the validity of my man card. No Dice & may need to brush up on my pick up lines.

I am including the server logs (hope I grabbed the right ones). The show in question is "the punisher" if that helps in searching the logs.

Hoping @@Luke can help, or perhaps a fellow emby server operator.

Looking forward to putting on our group thinking caps guys!

Side note, other than this problem, I'm LOVING v4 so far.

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63683393010.txt

Edited by nagetech

nagetech

Just tossing an update, I once again dill a Full Library Scan and the problem is still there. Hoping you guys can make heads or tails of it :)

Any luck thumbing through the logs @@Luke?

nagetech

Try removing the anime plugin.

Sure, I'll try that in a few. Just curious, how would the anime plugin cause issues? just trying to learn so I can do more "self help" in the future before I bug you

nagetech

I am not sure. it is a community maintained plugin and i have not had time to look at it.

I haven't had a chance to uninstall the plugin and see if it helps, BUT, under the TV Shows Library settings, I don't have the anime plugin enabled for that folder. It is only using TheTVDB, TheMovieDB and The Open Movie Database.

Do you still recommend I try killing the anime plugin?

nagetech

Well hot damn! Luke you figured it out! The second I took it out, restarted the server, all was well.

I'll keep an eye on it to see if there are any other issues with the Auto organize Plugin.

Thank yoU!

nagetech

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll just NOT install that plug in again. I never would have thought in a million years that would've caused any issues. Hope this thread helps out others in need!

Savage13

Just in case it's helpful I found this thread trying to find a solution for the same problem, and removing the Anime plugin instantly fixed it for me as well.  

Edited by Savage13

Dizzy49

Luke, I saw that you made a commit to the anime plugin 5 days ago.  Did you by any chance fix the issue that's breaking Auto-Sort?

I miss my anime :(

I don't know sorry. I gave Anime a compatibility update, as I will continue to do, but I do not have the bandwidth to be the primary developer for for it, or to test how it interacts with AutoOrganize. We are looking for community help to help improve the Anime plugin. The source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Plugins.Anime

Thanks.