Movie Metadata Gone, Will Not Fetch Metadata

DarkZim

I don't think that is going to help ottoii as he has manually edited metadata he wants to retain.

Or do you have the "Metadata savers: Nfo" and "Save artwork into media folders" options set, ottoii?

Library should be holy :D dont mess with my library plz :D

QFT!

Exactly my pov.

I don't think you are whining.

I am currently in the same boat, see here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68369-initial-library-scan-after-3x-4x-prunes-certain-databases/

A possible solution of manually adjusting the DB is being discussed (in German) here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68730-metadaten-bearbeitung-in-sqlite-import-von-genres-guid-presentationuniquekey/

A true solution would be for the devs to rethink their stance on the importance of their users' custom metadata and retaining it at all cost.

Or at least giving a very visible warning before messing with it..

• Like 1

I apologize for the disruption. We will look into whether or not the upgrade can be improved. Thanks.

• Like 1

I still dont get any metadata for movies. Its all dir names. Series, i still have info, but it wont show episodes at emby-server at metadata-manager. I still have infos at the emby client app about movies.

Will there be a fix? Im the only one with this shitty problem? Why something like this happens? For me, its really not fixed and i cant understand, why something like this has to happen?!

Edit: It cant refresh people too. emby has rw access.

Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'SqliteItemRepository has been disposed and cannot be accessed.'.

at Emby.Sqlite.BaseSqliteRepository.CheckDisposed()

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItem(Int64 internalId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, DeleteOptions options, BaseItem parent, Boolean notifyParentItem)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.Validators.PeopleValidator.ValidatePeople(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

I think i know now, why this happens. v3 you fucked me with changing emby dir. I had emby-server and for v3, somebody had very good idea to change to emby. So i did ln -s emby-server to emby. Worked, but now its back to emby-server? and now i have that split in config files to emby-server and emby?

Edited by ottoii

Thank you. Yes it works on a single movie. I didnt refresh, i replaced metadata. But it dont work on series. I cant see episodes at the metadata-manager, but I still can watch them on emby android app with infos.

Edited by ottoii