Scan Media Library hangs @ 92.1% for about an hour every scan

lexisdude

Same over here.

After updating to 4.x my daily scan went from 1-2min to 5-8min, without me changing anything in the settings.

Anyway, I will start over with a fresh library based on 4.x and report back if that helps (weekend earliest).

After the huge ordeal of restructuring my movies into separate folders within one root movies folder attachicon.gifAnnotation 2019-01-21 223815.jpg the scan did finish properly at last but it took much longer than it used to with server version 3x.

Also i've been noticing that every time the server restarts i get the database upgrade message for the first few minutes in localhost:8096 .... i am running it as a service i created with nssm.

I attached my new log file and i hope my troubles helped someone else.

Thanks everyone XD

In this log example it is extracting chapter images. The best way to compare would be with a library scan that doesn't have that activity.

josenightbreed

In this log example it is extracting chapter images. The best way to compare would be with a library scan that doesn't have that activity.

I'll post another log without it as soon as i can get the server to actually upgrade, it keeps saying to restart to upgrade and it shows 4.0 when it restarts and asks again to restart .... i've done it like 5 times now grrr... i wanted to watch my animes :(  hehehehe

Happy2Play

I'll post another log without it as soon as i can get the server to actually upgrade, it keeps saying to restart to upgrade and it shows 4.0 when it restarts and asks again to restart .... i've done it like 5 times now grrr... i wanted to watch my animes :(  hehehehe

Are you performing the update on localhost:8096?

These update loops from my experience are related to the browser holding the system folder. If you close the browser after you click restart it should update without issue.

josenightbreed

Are you performing the update on localhost:8096?

These update loops from my experience are related to the browser holding the system folder. If you close the browser after you click restart it should update without issue.

Lol your Kidding right? anyway i belive you because i've seen some weird stuff windows and apps do XD.

I got it to update when i found this little gem in an obscure and dark place, "embyserver-win-x64-{version}.7z" and just decompressed it to my install folder. Maybe the devs should consider making the update file more accessible for when thigs get weird we can manually update.

Anyhow i deleted the previous service trying to troubleshoot why it would not update and now remade it again XD

Update Log => updater-32a216129bfb485f9606cbd927c6925f.log "Happy2Play was right on the money".

Server Log => embyserver-63683787860.txt

Now the scan was glorious XD

Happy2Play

OT  Server app updates

@@Luke

In testing see this behavior when running the update in a browser on the same machine.  Running on a different machine I have not seen this issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

Lol your Kidding right? anyway i belive you because i've seen some weird stuff windows and apps do XD.

I got it to update when i found this little gem in an obscure and dark place, "embyserver-win-x64-{version}.7z" and just decompressed it to my install folder. Maybe the devs should consider making the update file more accessible for when thigs get weird we can manually update.

Anyhow i deleted the previous service trying to troubleshoot why it would not update and now remade it again XD

Update Log => attachicon.gifupdater-32a216129bfb485f9606cbd927c6925f.log "Happy2Play was right on the money".

Server Log => attachicon.gifembyserver-63683787860.txt

Now the scan was glorious XD

Looks like your scan is now only 60 seconds?

SenatorIvy

I think we need to break it down for a specific example on one item, and what your are seeing (screenshots) with a log file for that example.

I just added 1 file now. Hits.2014.1080p.

It's still stuck at 90%.  Here is the log and some screenshots.

EDIT: note that it's found the file, but hasnt been able to id the movie. I guarantee if I put the imdb link in the identify box and do it manually that it will find it immediately.

EDIT2: it finished finally, and did find the title and art. However the scan time being that long is just nutty when 3 scanned and updated quickly.

embyserver.txt

post-299840-0-54833100-1548338845_thumb.png

post-299840-0-48218700-1548338858_thumb.png

post-299840-0-85190100-1548338867_thumb.png

Edited by SenatorIvy

josenightbreed

Looks like your scan is now only 60 seconds?

Yeah, while not having added any new media, i was shocked to see that hehehe. Adding new media takes longer obviously but it's very near like when it was the v3 + it now finishes the scans :D. I never though something so simple as changing the directories structure would have such a big impact.

I really hope this software has at least 15 years+ of development so we enjoy it for a long, long time.

Happy2Play

I just added 1 file now. Hits.2014.1080p.

It's still stuck at 90%.  Here is the log and some screenshots.

EDIT: note that it's found the file, but hasnt been able to id the movie. I guarantee if I put the imdb link in the identify box and do it manually that it will find it immediately.

EDIT2: it finished finally, and did find the title and art. However the scan time being that long is just nutty when 3 scanned and updated quickly.

This structure make it harder to identify the item "C:\!Mounts\Emby\libraries\Movies\Movies3\HITS.2014.1080p.webrip.mp4".

I assume the media was identified in the previous log as this log is all playback, there is no librarymonitor or providermanager or scan library activity.

SenatorIvy

V3 had no problems scanning the library quickly, and it's in the same configuration as it was then.

Is there a way I can get the log to start when I hit refresh so we are only getting the scan logs?

Edited by SenatorIvy

SenatorIvy

Just restart the server and then run a scan. Then grab the log when it finishes.

OK, done.  Attached is the log.  I didn't add anything in before the scan, just restarted the server and ran a scan immediately after it came up,, with no users on.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Not sure where the TMDBID is coming from for "Street.Fighter.Assassins.Fist.2014" but it is wrong and removed as duplicate in TMDB.

https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5b11bc470e0a265843002b5a

2019-01-24 18:29:59.731 Debug MediaEncoder: Ffprobe -i file:"C:\!Mounts\Emby\libraries\Movies\Movies\Street.Fighter.Assassins.Fist.2014.720p.BluRay.x264.DTS-RARBG.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-01-24 18:29:59.731 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: C:\!Mounts\Emby\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"C:\!Mounts\Emby\libraries\Movies\Movies\Street.Fighter.Assassins.Fist.2014.720p.BluRay.x264.DTS-RARBG.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-01-24 18:29:59.738 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-01-24 18:29:59.830 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-01-24 18:29:59.848 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/514293?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2019-01-24 18:29:59.913 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.0.1.0
	Command line: C:\!Mounts\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\!Mounts\Emby\programdata
	Application directory: C:\!Mounts\Emby\system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\!Mounts\Emby\programdata\cache\tmdb-movies2\514293\all-en.json'.
	   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle ValidateFileHandle(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2019-01-24 18:30:00.148 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/514293?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers

Similar with Stephen King It TMDBID 481013 doesn't exist any more.  Appears as a Series now instead of a Movie.

2019-01-24 18:29:57.337 Debug MediaEncoder: Ffprobe -i file:"C:\!Mounts\Emby\libraries\Movies\Movies\Stephen.Kings.It.1990.DTS-HD.DTS.MULTISUBS.1080p.BluRay.x264.HQ-TUSAHD.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-01-24 18:29:57.337 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: C:\!Mounts\Emby\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"C:\!Mounts\Emby\libraries\Movies\Movies\Stephen.Kings.It.1990.DTS-HD.DTS.MULTISUBS.1080p.BluRay.x264.HQ-TUSAHD.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-01-24 18:29:57.481 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-01-24 18:29:57.802 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-01-24 18:29:57.965 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/481013?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2019-01-24 18:29:58.291 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.0.1.0
	Command line: C:\!Mounts\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\!Mounts\Emby\programdata
	Application directory: C:\!Mounts\Emby\system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\!Mounts\Emby\programdata\cache\tmdb-movies2\481013\all-en.json'.
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle ValidateFileHandle(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle)

2019-01-24 18:29:58.328 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/481013?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers

So where are these ids coming from if it is unidentified media?

But this structure will run into identification issues.

Library                                                           Folder/item 

C:\!Mounts\Emby\libraries\Movies\Movies\Stephen.Kings.It.1990.DTS-HD.DTS.MULTISUBS.1080p.BluRay.x264.HQ-TUSAHD.mkv

Edited by Happy2Play

I dont know;were they manually id'd before or something?

Probably. The id was most likely valid at some point, but not anymore.

OK, done.  Attached is the log.  I didn't add anything in before the scan, just restarted the server and ran a scan immediately after it came up,, with no users on.

Can you enable debug logging under Logs, restart the server, then repeat and attach a new log? thanks.

The scan started at 10:41 and this log stops one second later. Please allow the scan to finish and then attach the log. thanks.

SenatorIvy

Is there a way to tell when the scan is done besides the circle progress bar? The dashboard doesn't have a progress bar anymore for the status.

SenatorIvy

OK, I ran a scan all libraries. I normally only scan the one I know I added files to.  It would be cool if the system had that task progress bar on individual library scans as well.

I'll post the log after the scan completes.