LG 2013 SmartTV does not see DLNA Server, but Play To is working

pünktchen

pünktchen

Mediabrowser sees my LG TV and Play To is already working,

but the TV doesn't find/list Mediabrowser as a DLNA Server.

mbnwa

I am seeing the same issue with my LG TV Play To works as expected but the TV can not see MB3 as a server

mbnwa

Sure no worries - also another strange thing with Play To - When it shows up on the TV it states h264 - Dolby Digital however the receiver is only outputting 2ch not 5.1 these files are formatted like an iTunes file as I also have Apple TV's that playback media so the AAC 2ch audio track is default and the AC3 track is secondary. 

Any help forcing the 5.1 track to play over Play To or DLNA would be great

mbnwa

Just to update this is not corrected in the latest dev build - LG Smart TV still does not show MB3 as a server

05TR1CH

Same results here. Am just shutting all other computers down in the house to help with debug log complications. So far it finds the tv and assigns a profile which appears to be correct. Will post logs in a few mins

Have collected logs of various devices connecting / disconnecting / playing etc. I don't really need this function but as I have an LG TV i will do what I can to assist others. Will start comparing logs this coming weekend to see if I can identify where / what point it is failing and hopefully I will be able to see what should / shouldn't be happening and post my results.

As previously stated, Play To works just fine so there is communications going on and profiles being assigned. It appears that either MB is sending something LG doesn't like or vice versa.

I'm not sure if i can get debug information for working DNLA server apps...anyone have any info on a DNLA server app for windows, that works with LG and able to record debug logs. This may help me with seeing what the client and server accept from each other ...not sure if this is the right approach but as I am not any kind of expert it's probably the most I can do and maybe something will come out of it that will be of use. Either way I will keep updating as I go along.

Edited by 05TR1CH

Unless someone can donate an LG tv, it's going to have to be debugged by someone with one in their possession.

• 3 weeks later...
HomerS

:D

Just wanted to report that , the latest dev build Version 3.0.5256.36270 has done someting good with LG and DLNA.

I can now see Mediabrowser on my LG 55LA640 and so far it seams to be working fine , if only subtitles showed up as well it would mean that I could drop my htpc in 99% of the case. I know subtitles work on my se as it has been working with plex earlier.

Great work and a big thanks to all the devs involved!   :wub: 

Edit: Some more info about my tv.

Model: 55LA640V-ZA

Program Version: 04.24.08

SDK Version: 03.04

Edited by HomerS