I broke music and live tv in Emby Theater lol

clollar

I was listening to music, which was only allowing me to skip forward 2 tracks on the same album till it would error (spinning wheel).  Then I tried too switch to a live TV channel, that show SWAT, CBS I think and it never loaded.  Just sat there with a spinning wheel.  The suddenly a song started playing.  I still can't get a channel to load.  Funny seeing that it always direct streams to Emby theater on my PC.  Logs attached.

ffmpeg-directstream-fd9cea43-eb37-4e91-8c18-f084e1da02cd_1.txt

embyserver.txt

Download I believe was from the emby site, downloads page I believe. Skipping tracks with both a mouse click and skip button on my keyboard. Some where shuffle I think. Android phone seems fine.

Guest asrequested

When I use the UI to skip, I have no issues. If I use the 'next track' on my keyboard, it stops playing and kicks me back to the previous page. I then get delayed playback (spinning circle.... wait......and it plays). Once it starts playing, then I have control problems. Right now, I clicked the stop button in the UI, it stopped, but didn't take me back to the previous page as it's supposed to, and the 'music note' is still present, indicating that it's still playing. Now I have to kill the app and restart, to be able to play anything, correctly.

Something is screwy with the library monitoring, too. (not sure if that's related)

Edited by Doofus

I think we're on to something. I had posted in a different thread about every song from certain artists picked into one single album. I'll test my next track button vs UI and see if I have the same issue.

Absolutely, keyboard skip control bug confirmed.  And if it wasn't obvious form the sequence of events, I believe this issue is what caused my live TV to act weird.  Almost like I was disconnected from the server.

Guest asrequested

Whatever Windows uses for skip forward seems to be the issue. I get the same thing when using the skip forward button on my Harmony remote. It's mapped to the Windows skip forward, function. The Emby wiki says to use ctrl+f (which works). So that doesn't match what Windows thinks skip forward is. So skip forward for music is ctrl+f, which makes things awkward, because while ctrl+f is an option in Harmony, ctrl+b isn't. But the Windows functions still shouldn't break functionality in Theater. Clearly there's a misalignment with the button controls. They should match windows.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

If the windows function isn't going to be used, then it should be blocked from being used. You can't use a remote button to skip tracks. You have to use the UI.