Emby won't let go of Tuner (HDHomerun) (BUG!)

troyhough

troyhough

If I Direct Play a TV channel on my LAN and I am disconnected from WiFi (for example, walk out of the house, get too far from the Access Point, etc) Emby will stop playing the show on my device, BUT the server continues to lock up that tuner. The only way to get it to unlock is to reboot the Emby server.

Server version 4.0.0.2

troyhough

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please discuss an example and attach the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks !

Ok just recreated the issue. Tuner is now stuck. Attached is the Log file. Was playing KETV 7.1

Log.txt

troyhough

It's been 1.5 hrs. Tuner is still locked. Going to reboot Emby now so I can have my tuner slot back!

What does the web dashboard show?  Are you not able to kill it from there without restarting Emby?

Also, what happens when the device moves back into WIFI range and you try and play something else?  Does that free up the tuner?

Edited by cayars

troyhough

What does the web dashboard show?  Are you not able to kill it from there without restarting Emby?

Also, what happens when the device moves back into WIFI range and you try and play something else?  Does that free up the tuner?

The "Active Device" falls off on the dashboard like normal, however the tuner stays locked up. Emby server reboot is required to release it.

• 4 months later...
Jason'sEmby

Hi @@Luke I'm also having a tuner release issue on remote Roku users. The user according to activity started playing on VH1 on 6/3 at 6:53pm. It shows activity but there was no log created. Then on 6/4 at at 8:18am James finished and then again at 8:28am. There was no logs generated on any of those. But it kept the tuner locked until I unplugged the hdhomerun Prime and plugged it back in at 1pm on 6/4. Also by the way thank you Emby team for the beta update today:).

post-415885-0-09941200-1559670330_thumb.jpg

post-415885-0-42922200-1559670343_thumb.jpg

Hi.  Are you sure the user(s) stopped playing live TV?

Or did they, perhaps, just turn off the TV?

• Like 1

Jason'sEmby

I have it set up to where if they turn the TV off it Powers the Roku down as the USB wire is plugged directly into the TV:) I tell them to push the back button before they shut the TV off. If they don't I still have the are you still watching prompt selected.

• Like 1

I have it set up to where if they turn the TV off it Powers the Roku down 

Okay, well that is going to be an issue as well since the app has no opportunity to tell the server it is stopping.

The server should eventually realize the app is no longer there though.

Jason'sEmby

@@ebr I think one of you guys are working on improving the system on realizing when no one's watching TV anymore. You think that will correct it? It's for my handicapped brother so getting him to push the back button every time is not a guarantee:(

pmurphy0881

THIS ASSUMES THAT YOU ARE USING WINDOWS AND THAT YOU KEPT THE DEFAULT INSTALL PATHS FOR HDHOMERUN SOFTWARE.

If you open HD Homerun setup you can find your Homerun ID from there.

Write that down and make sure that you have it exactly.

From there open notepad and copy and paste this into notepad.

c:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe"  <Homerunid> set /sys/restart self

Replace <Homerunid> with the id that you have just found through the HD Homerun setup.

Finally save this file on your desktop or somewhere where you can easily access it, but when you save it change the dropdown box where it says File type: text file to all files and give it a .bat extension.

In a situation where your HDHomeRun box is locked up or the tuners are not freeing themselves from Emby you can just execute that file.  It will send a reboot command to your HDHomeRun box instead of having to reboot your emby server.  I find that's a better situation than booting others off of Emby for a device that is not actually Emby's.

• Like 2

Jason'sEmby

THIS ASSUMES THAT YOU ARE USING WINDOWS AND THAT YOU KEPT THE DEFAULT INSTALL PATHS FOR HDHOMERUN SOFTWARE.

If you open HD Homerun setup you can find your Homerun ID from there.

Write that down and make sure that you have it exactly.

From there open notepad and copy and paste this into notepad.

c:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe" <Homerunid> set /sys/restart self

Replace <Homerunid> with the id that you have just found through the HD Homerun setup.

Finally save this file on your desktop or somewhere where you can easily access it, but when you save it change the dropdown box where it says File type: text file to all files and give it a .bat extension.

In a situation where your HDHomeRun box is locked up or the tuners are not freeing themselves from Emby you can just execute that file. It will send a reboot command to your HDHomeRun box instead of having to reboot your emby server. I find that's a better situation than booting others off of Emby for a device that is not actually Emby's.

Thank you for the info truly appreciate it. Do you think your kill command would work for just one tuner out of the three on the prime? As I have multiple hdhomerun primes and multiple people using it at one time. So when I have to unplug one of the hdhomeruns that kicks 2 other people off. I know ebr we'll solve this as he's the chief bottle washer lol, but in the meantime this is good work around. Edited by Jason'sEmby

pmurphy0881

Using this command will kill any connections to the HDHomerun that you enter the id in and reboot the HDHomeRun prime box gracefully.  It will only reboot the box for the ID that you entered though so if you have more than 1 HDHomerun prime then the other primes will not be affected.

• Like 1