Multiple guide sources on 1 tuner?

hick

So i live between two markets and get channels from both.  Is it possible to use two guide sources on the same tuner?  Currently I use NextPVR w/ schedules direct, I can set channel 1 to a guide from city A and channel 2,5,9,71 from city B.

I have 2x HDHomerun Quatro and 1x HDHomerun dual

Signal is ClearQAM (from a cable company not listed in Emby's guide server, Shedules direct, or Plex's)

So i live between two markets and get channels from both.  Is it possible to use two guide sources on the same tuner?  Currently I use NextPVR w/ schedules direct, I can set channel 1 to a guide from city A and channel 2,5,9,71 from city B.

I have 2x HDHomerun Quatro and 1x HDHomerun dual

Signal is ClearQAM (from a cable company not listed in Emby's guide server, Shedules direct, or Plex's)

As Luke said, absolutely.

As an example I live in Southern NJ in the Philadelphia market.  I build my own high gain antennas (for others as well) and can pickup other markets including Baltimore, MD,  Harrisburg, PA and some stations out of NY.   I also have cable as well and Premium TV by Silicon Dust.

I have several EPGs in use and use 4 just for OTA.  Works great!

Since I use HDHomeRun tuners I manage which stations I want using Favorites in the HDHomeRun web app.  Then I have Emby only import my favorites.  This allows me to get rid of Dupes.  I for example only need one set of ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox regardless of which market I can get it from for normal use so I only keep the Phila markets.

​I do however also use NextPVR outside of Emby with some of the "duplicate" stations.  During sporting seasons I can get/watch NFL games on CBS/Fox from these other markets (why I do this).  That allows me to get Ravens, Giants, Jets games plus any other games they broadcast in those markets besides my local Eagles games.  I could probably do all of this inside of Emby but I prefer to only have one Network station listed in my Guide and used for normal TV Show recordings.  I setup NextPVR to record NFL game series on it's own and this has worked great for me.

That's probably way over complicated for 99% of people using Emby but it works!

If Emby had a bit better support for multiple networks and we could set a priority then I'd be able to use this entirely in Emby.  Besides people with multiple market access (like you and I), having priorities would also be quite helpful for people with a mix of OTA and Cable since they would very likely get ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, etc on both.  They could then set OTA as the priority to save cable tuners for those channels not available OTA, etc...