Changing back to Thumbnail/Landscape on Home Screen

Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Hi All,

Updated to Emby Server 4 yesterday. All going well, but I have noticed that my TV shows strip is no longer in landscape view, it is now showing as poster view. 

I was wondering if there is a way to change this back (or change any of the strips to different primary images)? Can't seem to find an option for it anymore. 

Thank you,

AD

Aussiedroid

That would be super Luke, thank you!

I'm sure it used to be there at some point. I think I had to go into the web interface to change it though (this might have been 2-3yrs back now but haven't needed to change it since then).

Cheers, AD

BuddahKat

I'd also like to cast my vote for this as well since all my TV images look cropped after upgrading to 4.0... need to be able to specify landscape or poster

• 3 weeks later...
BuddahKat

Was just checking on the status of this, and also wanted to ask if the images you get with the Emby guide data (i.e. the stuff you get included with Emby Premiere) are displayed correctly or if these are also affected?

BuddahKat

I guess I meant what would Emby naturally show for the Live TV images on the home screen if I didn't use ServerWMC for my guide. As in if I did a fresh install, added a tuner and used Emby to get guide data, what would it look like? Does Emby just download poster images for shows as default instead of landscape? Just wondering if me not using ServerWMC would fix the issue, as my Live TV home screen doesn't look good at all right now with all the landscape images being forced into posters (see below)...

5c5f959c4775f_tvPosters.jpg

• 4 months later...
otatv

In Theater is it possible now or can an option also be added to just display the 3 lines of text currently under each show/channel but without the image?  Each block of text could be displayed in a thin bordered transparent landscape box.  And, also provide an option to display all shows/channels within the width of the screen for each section, essentially wrapping the section so that there would only be vertical navigation.  This wrapping option would be best for those with limited amount of OTA TV channels and other content.  In the end both of these could help to maximize the amount of selections shown on the screen without having to navigate just to see what is available.

otatv

Yes, an option without images.  Here's an example of displaying more items in a grid with just text, progress bars, and recording indicators with an additional option of wrapping all items so there is only vertical scrolling necessary.  This could be called the "boring-no-glitz" option :-)

5d17f9dfc7e88_screen1.jpg

• 4 years later...

The future is now! Another “we will look at it” and years later nothing.

You people from emby are using emby yourself? Come on…. You see it looks crappy. Fix it or tell us how to work around this stuf.

P.S.
The “share” button is coming back soon?

On 9/12/2023 at 2:17 AM, Maarten said:

The future is now! Another “we will look at it” and years later nothing.

You people from emby are using emby yourself? Come on…. You see it looks crappy. Fix it or tell us how to work around this stuf.

P.S.
The “share” button is coming back soon?

What section would you like to switch to thumbnail?

On 9/14/2023 at 7:33 PM, Luke said:

What section would you like to switch to thumbnail?

All of those? When go to sports or news, I can edit the view how I want it. But not on home and the Live Tv hub. 

IMG_0140.png

IMG_0141.png

IMG_0142.png