Unable to search in Music videos by file name

Ametz

I have a folder called Music videos (I used music videos in my library and not mixed content etc)

Today i had some problems with playlist (but that's in another post) anyway.

When searching music videos for my new playlist Emby can't find it..

Like this example (same with all) no one can be found (newest version btw 4.0.0.2)

Take the first music video:

post-394945-0-50722700-1547693909_thumb.png

When searching for the name it can't find it (if i fill in the whole name it gets empty)

post-394945-0-58015100-1547693918_thumb.png

Edited by Ametz

Ah wait, I'm sorry. I know the issue. It's simply that we haven't added these to search. We'll get them added, thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have exactly same problem,

before using Emby I based search of my collection strictly on filenames. I have also a problem with search. I can type for example name of the actor which is exactly included in the filename, I have more files with the same name of an actor, but not all relevant files are found by Emby.

I have also question about result displaying: It is possible to show results as a table/grid of previews with names and not as one row/ribbon when I need to scroll left and right? I am used to scrolling up and down having more lines so I see more results in time. Is this just about some option?

Thank you for help.

Jan

Hi there, we don't currently support search by file name but it is planned for the future.

Regarding the display, we are always looking at improving it. There is currently no option to do that.