Emby 4.x issues

jeffshead

jeffshead

Since updating to 4.x, I have to enter my password, every time, when I try to watch a video on my Android TV box and it crashes.

I get an error message that "Library link thread has exited!" and that I need to restart Kodi.

And every movie is listed twice.

What a disappointment. I now have to waste my time re-imaging my server so I can revert back to Emby v3???

You guys screwed the pooch on this one.

Edited by jeffshead

sluggo45

Venting like this is a waste of everyone's time. Also, while I don't doubt you have a problem, you're wrong that it's generally the release itself. I've been using Emby from the early 3.6 beta all the way to 4.0.0.2 on Freenas and an Unraid docker and while there are always minor issues here and there it works fine. And one of my clients is Kodi (Shield TV) as well.

If you actually want help a great idea is to read the how to report a problem sticky, then do that. Then, maybe someone - the Emby team, or a regular fellow user like me - can actually help you. I know, perish the thought but maybe it'll work better for you that way?

What do you think chuckles?

• Like 1

Hi, yes if you can provide a little more information we're happy to help. It some cases it is just as simple as getting all components updated, e.g. Emby for Kodi plugin, Emby for Kodi add-on. etc. Thanks.

sualfred

@@jeffshead

You have to switch to Emby for Kodi Beta and perform a DB reset. It's mentioned a few times in this board.

And as always: Without Kodi log it's nearly impossible to be sure what's causing an issue. 

• Like 1