Emby Memory Usage

cnstarz

cnstarz

What is the expected memory usage for Emby 4.0.0.2 when it's just sitting idle?  I just noticed that Emby was up to 847MB of RAM even though Emby hasn't played anything in the last 18 hours.  I rebooted my NAS and it's it's back down to 142MB.  Is there a problem with mono-sgen not releasing memory?

Ok, so those are fine. So to answer your question, yes the mono runtime can be a hog. What model do you have?

The good news is that we are in process of switching from mono to .net core on supported models, and that solves this problem entirely. But it's not supported yet by all CPU architectures so for the ones that it's not, they'll be staying on mono for now.

solabc16

Hello All

We already have a thread on this, so take a look through that and let's keep the conversation over there : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63685-emby-353-on-nas-not-releasing-memory/

As I mentioned there, I'm still not prepared to throw mono 'under the bus' as we've analysed dozens of systems, with many that are working just fine.

Is there a memory leak, quite likely. Is it specific to Mono, possible. Is it dependent on specific use cases / environments, absolutely.

Best

- James