Moving from one computer to a new one

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

I am about to build a brand new server. That will hold me over for quite awhile on both cpu power and hard drive room. So I am wondering is there a way to copy everything I have setup and got working from the soon to be old machine and put it on the new machine? Like I really don't want to recreate and setup all my user's, or recreate my box sets. Any help would be great. I ordered the parts tonight so I have a week to find out a answer.

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

I a not asking how to move my media files and stuff but what I need to move for media browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assuming the paths to the media will be the same between the two machines just back up the entire %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server folder tree and move it over.  If you are running as a service, you'll have to re-configure that in the Windows Service settings.

SilentAssassin

I just recently setup a new server and this is exactly what I did and I haven't had an issue. I just made sure the username MB server was installed under on the old and new server where the same and that the paths to my media where the same.

johnbr

There is also an advanced settings page to change the locations of the Cache, Images by Name, Metadata, and transcoding temp paths. What are the default locations for these under the %appdata%\roaming\MediaBrowser-Server directory?

Koleckai Silvestri

Just remove any existing paths from the options and the system will use the default paths.