Convert recorded tv and send to option

heula

At this moment I use TVMosaic for TV recordings and am I used to have some options after a recording is finisht.

The finisht recordings are automaticly being converted to mp4 or mkv and copied or moved to a secondary folder by choice.

- Is this also possible in Emby at this moment?

I see there is an option for conversion but only in the recording of this moment and not in the scheduled once to set this once and for all for the different serie recordings.

- Is there a send to option with copy or move functionality?

- Are serie recordings collected in one folder or not?

- How does all these recordings have effect on the stability of Emby? (Synology DS418 NAS). Does it get slower browsing or should it browse as fast as without recordings?

- Can I record and watch the recording at the same time without stuttering/ buffering?

I have a HD Homerun tuner in use. TVMosaic works pretty good but the IOS app is crap so that is why I'm willing to try all of this in Emby once more.

The guide doesn't crash in Emby and it does very often in TVmosaic on ios. 

Thanks.

Edited by heula

Is this also possible in Emby at this moment?

Yes, you could setup a conversion on a parent folder.

Is there a send to option with copy or move functionality?

Can you describe this a little bit more? thanks.

How does all these recordings have effect on the stability of Emby? (Synology DS418 NAS). Does it get slower browsing or should it browse as fast as without recordings?

There should be no problem.

• Like 1

Yes, you could setup a conversion on a parent folder.

Is there a wiki on how to do that?

Lots of ways to accomplish this with recordings in Emby.

Besides what Luke already mentioned if running Windows you can use MCEBuddy which you can customize.  This can cut commercials, convert and move files anywhere you want.  It can run on the same computer or a network attached computer and can process multiple files at the same time.

If you are handy with scripting you can also use comskip and ffmpeg and have these kick off using Emby's post processing facility.