4.0.0.2 - can't change any user settings

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

just updated from 4.0.0.1 beta to 4.0.0.2 stable.

I'm not able to change any user settings (e.g. allow transcoding or allow change password and profile picture). Server says "changes have been saved" but when I enter the user again the values are unchecked again.

I'm pretty sure I recently saw a thread about this problem but can't find it anymore, so for now there's no log attached.

@@Luke is this a known issue? If not I'll provide a log per PM to you.

Thanks

horstepipe

I'm aware that those kind of problem is mostly browser/cache related. But this one is really besetting. Tried Chrome and Firefox. I'll provide a log per PM.

Same here, just tried the same thing. Will not save. I unchecked "Allow this user to change their password and profile image" and it won't save. Says it is, but going back into the user still shows being checked. Some options you will uncheck, hit save and go back to the user and it will still be checked, but I have been fixing this by just clicking on another tab within the user and going back to the last tab and the check mark will be gone. Been going on for awhile, was mentioned awhile back.

Seems to only not be saving though on "Allow this user to change their password and profile image" option.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Same here, just tried the same thing. Will not save. I unchecked "Allow this user to change their password and profile image" and it won't save. Says it is, but going back into the user still shows being checked. Some options you will uncheck, hit save and go back to the user and it will still be checked, but I have been fixing this by just clicking on another tab within the user and going back to the last tab and the check mark will be gone. Been going on for awhile, was mentioned awhile back.

Seems to only not be saving though on "Allow this user to change their password and profile image" option.

Thanks for the hint, unfortunately tab switching doesn't help here.

So you're doing it like this?:

open user settings -> disable the setting -> press save -> switch tab -> switch tab back?

Edited by horstepipe

Thanks for the hint, unfortunately tab switching doesn't help here.

So you're doing it like this?:

open user settings -> disable the setting -> press save -> switch tab -> switch tab back?

This (for me at least) works on everything else except "Allow this user to change their password and profile image".

• Like 1

@@horstepipe Actually try this, uncheck or check what you want on any user. Click save, then go to the left and click on users, go back to the user and click a different tab then the one you made the changes on. Then go back to the tab, it should show the check mark or unchecked depending on what you choose. This seems to be the only way I can personally get it to work.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Seems to be working just fine here. I would try it again.

@@Happy2Play can you reproduce?

Only the "Allow this user to change their password and profile image" option.  Did not have a issue on any other option.

Only the "Allow this user to change their password and profile image" option.  Did not have a issue on any other option.

I can reproduce this, thanks.

• 2 months later...
TouTech

I have the same issue on a PC running Win10Pro. Want to test Emby.

I have 4 users atm (2 local users, and 2 connect users). Sometimes when I restart my PC, or kill the service for a longer time I somehow can edit users.

When this bug occure all the boxes are blank and I see the "loading circle" running. I then go back to users and choose another one I know has the correct settings. This user is also totally blank. Other problem I noticed is the Devices. I can not change the names on the devices when this user bug issue is happening. When the bug isn't present I can also manage devices.