Emby Server Getting Chinese Metadata When Set to English

Dannysia

Dannysia

When identifying Avengers: Infinity War with IMDb ID tt4154756 the actor names and movie description are in English but the first 28 of 58 character names are in Chinese. I have the library settings set to prefer English metadata, not Chinese. I also have it set to save metadata in the folder, but deleting the .nfo file to try to reset it does not fix it. Refreshing Metadata does the same thing. I haven't noticed it on any other movies.

I am using Ubuntu 18.10 64 bit and installed emby-server-deb_4.0.0.2_amd64.deb on top of 3.5.2.0 (I think, whatever was the previous newest version before the 4.0 release). This upgrade did unidentify all my movies, but scanning the library reidentified around 90% of them. The rest I am manually identifying which led to me finding this issue. I am not using any VPN on the server so it should be connecting to IMDb from an American IP so I don't think that would cause the character names to be wrong. I restarted the server and tried identifying it again which did not fix it. I attached the log file after trying to identify it.

If I need to I can manually set the character names but I would rather not need to do that. Any idea why this happened or how to fix it?

Thanks!

log.txt

Hi there, please check the metadata editor for that title and make sure the language isn't overridden to Chinese. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Dannysia

The preferred download option was blank. Setting it to English and refreshing the metadata didn't fix it. Also, in the metadata manager it was not under the movies section, just the collections section if that would have any effect.

• 2 weeks later...