4.0 HW Transcode not working

bmoses

All,

I updated to the new version of emby and was testing out HW transcode, unfortunately setting it to "Yes" is not working for me. I believe the reason its not working for me is its incorrectly identifying my hardware. If i change it to advanced so it lists out the options the first option it has is this

QuickSync NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

I have an i5-8400 CPU and a GTX 1080Ti GPU. If i uncheck that option so it goes to the next one, which is NVENC then transcoding works fine. I do have a dummy HDMI plug hooked into the motherboard for the intel GPU and i do have the intel control panel available. When trying to use that first option it just sits there and spins forever and then leaves an orphaned ffmpeg.exe process.

attached are the logs for my tests.

if you need anything else let me know!

Thanks!

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63683224164.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-9ad278b7-e665-4468-94be-515b00f3ed73_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-1a4ffae1-5e1b-49d8-9cc9-3d0c9e679172_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-27df133f-9bfc-426c-8b1c-43bcf1743b15_1.txt

@@bmoses - Yes this is a known error with recent Intel drivers. We're already working on a solution.

Until then, please don't select acceleration entries like "QuickSync - Nvidia...".

@@bmoses - Yes this is a known error with recent Intel drivers. We're already working on a solution.

Until then, please don't select acceleration entries like "QuickSync - Nvidia...".

ah, i tried to keep up on the beta happenings but missed that. is there a drive version i can downgrade to that will work?

Downgrade itself would not be sufficient, quite a number of files would need to be removed manually because their installer does not uninstall them...

Downgrade itself would not be sufficient, quite a number of files would need to be removed manually because their installer does not uninstall them...

kk, thanks for the info. i'll await the next update and utilize the nvidia card for now :)