Continuing a Playlist where I left off

Karpana

Hi There,
Relatively new user, but probably fall into the vein of "power user".

I've recently created a very length playlist, 515 items totalling 16+ days of viewing time.
Some of the items, the first 110 or so have already been watched before the playlist was created, but as I hoped, these episodes are all marked as watched (which is fantastic).

Here's the problem ... whenever I play the playlist, it always starts at the first item.
In order to have it pick up where I left off, I have to scroll through 100+ items to find the first unwatched item, and then hit play from there.

Is there a way to have Emby (most notably on the Roku) pick up playback on the last played item (if it's not completely watched) or on the first unwatched item?

My Emby Server (4.0.0.1) is running on a CentOS 7.4.1708.  
I use the Browser (chrome) to admin my system, the Emby Theatre (on Windows 10) to watch, as well as 5 Rokus (all different versions) as well as iOS and Android.

Not at this time.

Playlist-level resume is a feature we'd like to implement in a future update.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
player8472

Is there a rough timeline on this?

I'm writing a tool which can create and maintain playlists automatically and it'd help to know if we can expect this soon because for now it's easier just to create a new Playlist instead of altering one which is already there - but that would require an overhaul when Playlists can be resumed.

---

P.S.: Playlists as there are in don't make much sense anyway as they are static and don't even save what you already (re-)watched, which is why I am creating the tool in the first place. (So I don't need to look to trakt in order to see where I left off when rewatching a Show...)