Latest TV images are now portrait after update to 4.0

paul1965

How is another users' recording images showing portrait images in a widescreen view whereas mine are wide images in a portrait container. Seems to be something really wrong with the detection of the aspect ratio of images?

We'd have to look at an example of what yours looks like. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
snorkel

Yep, I can report that there is now a mixture of portrait and landscape tiles on the home page now.

The portrait ones are fine, but the landscape ones are zoomed and cut off peoples heads that are in the tile image.

Other than that I have not had any issues with the 4.x release.

snorkel

The latest recordings also has the messed up landscape tile icons.

See attached image.

My wife is like, "why are these all distorted" LOL

5c4e688fe9c5d_Capture.png

snorkel

We'd have to look at an example of what yours looks like. Thanks.

It seems its the latest home videos and photos that has the widescreen in a portrait container issue:

5c4e69fcd8526_Capture.png

It really depends. It selects the aspect ratio based on the content. That aspect is square, not portrait.

snorkel

Hi Luke,

it seems it's not keeping the correct aspect ratio when it resizes the images in some cases.

Look at the super girl one it's stretched but does not have the aspect ration correct or so it seems.

d00zah

If that's the actual source image, no. However, for a very long time, I have observed the 4:3 SD images (my case) chopped off/distorted like that in a release, until someone reports it & it gets fixed for the next release, or 2. Then someone else reports that it doesn't display to their liking & it changes again. Just seems like an endless cycle (which tickles my sense of irony). I appreciate your efforts, but it seems that until it's an option, someone will always be dissatisfied?