EMBY & Live TV - Channels not showing. Just random movies.

monuoha

Hi,

Trying Emby for first time. I typically use a dedicated iptv app like progdvb, iptv smarters etc. Using Emby cos i want to be able to have one place for all my settings and run clients on all my TVs and devices.

I installed emby server. Went to live TV -> selected + sign -> M3U tuner -> entered my vader m3u URL: http://vaders.tv/vget?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD

I go to live TV in Emby to watch....all i see is posters of over 2000 movies. Most of the posters are repeated. Cant find any channels. The movies dont even work when i click on them. 

Where are all the actual iptv channels??? 

Funny thing is when i use my Premier IPTV m3u list...i get the same posters of over 2000 movies that i got with vader. Restarting the server doesnt change anything. Deleting both m3u lists in the server and re-entering them brings back the same list of movies. It's as if it's stored in emby's cache and being spit out every time i click on Live TV. 

I just want to see my channels, click and watch. Can anyone help.

post-409896-0-57924500-1547598639_thumb.png

post-409896-0-30090300-1547598654_thumb.png

post-409896-0-89331300-1547598670_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

wulfeman6869

You will also have to restart the emby server too get the epg to update without the vod. (Movies)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wulfeman6869

I've changed my m3u before and for some reason it took some time to update the guide. Another thing I would try is to log out of the emby server then log back in then go to the guide or channels to try to get the guide to refresh. Its very finicky. But I will say emby is great. I like the dvr option that allows you to record tv seriesa574afdc78c82cd2f3df75ae40a779b1.jpg

Logged out, logged back in. 

Now on the home screen i see: On now section. The programs shown there work.

However as usual, once i click into live tv, the guide shows only the movie posters with no epg info. Also the channels tab still shows the same movie posters.

I've restarted the guide over (waited till 100%), i've restarted the server several times, i've log off and back on. These movie channels wont disappear and i still can't access any of my channels. 

post-409896-0-99062600-1547602291_thumb.png

wulfeman6869

When choose guide does it show all the movies? If you scroll down the guide does it ever get to tv station channels?

ramvalkyrie

Having problems. 

I have an HDHomrun Duo and I also have Vader Streams.

All was working perfect until I updated. I deleted everything off my shield and started new.

Now I can play my HDHomerun with Emby but my Vaders wont play, at times it says unable to play, other times it just keeps spinning.'

I have the server on my shield...4.0.2...newest version. Using Emby guide for HDHomerun...and the same xmltv guide as suggested by Vaders for the epg (but even before I put in the epg for vaders) the same thing is happenning. Will I ever be able to use Vaders IPTV with Emby or is this Embys way of doing what everyone else is doing and elimating iptv streams. 

Very frustrating about to cancel my premier membership.

also same epg is showing all the 24/7 for vaders iptv in guide and channels and it didnt before.

Edited by ramvalkyrie

Having problems. 

I have an HDHomrun Duo and I also have Vader Streams.

All was working perfect until I updated. I deleted everything off my shield and started new.

Now I can play my HDHomerun with Emby but my Vaders wont play, at times it says unable to play, other times it just keeps spinning.'

I have the server on my shield...4.0.2...newest version. Using Emby guide for HDHomerun...and the same xmltv guide as suggested by Vaders for the epg (but even before I put in the epg for vaders) the same thing is happenning. Will I ever be able to use Vaders IPTV with Emby or is this Embys way of doing what everyone else is doing and elimating iptv streams. 

Very frustrating about to cancel my premier membership.

also same epg is showing all the 24/7 for vaders iptv in guide and channels and it didnt before.

Hi there, can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

wulfeman6869

Go to play.vaders.tv then your name on the top right. Click on account then scroll down to change the list to not show 24/7. Refresh emby.0657f89ee1b823510c25867ec755d53a.jpg

ramvalkyrie

Updates:

1. as stated before couldnt get channels to play....started my Express VPN on Shield and than channels would play (could this mean "daddy, Cox Cable" is watching), although having difficulty though keeping channels playing.

thinking about doing a factory reset on Shield and starting completely over.

3. I have an emby connect account, set it all up in dashboard, confirmed link, etc...but for some reason when I try to connect to server from my laptop, or firestick app (VPN is on Shield, as is Emby Server) I cannot connect. Im doing everything right. '

I dont need to add another user do I. I am the same user on all these machines...i just try to do it with emby connect, but I cannot connect....i was able to before.

ramvalkyrie

Does this have any effect on emby connect. I have my Express VPN app on my windows laptop also running, different server location than the one running on my Shield, with Emby Server....but still cant seem to connect. I shouldnt have to have it running on laptop though should I...because im connecting remotely to my Shield running Emby even though im on my laptop or Firestick not running Express VPN it would still be hidden from what Im doing (though I dont think anything illegal since im paying for my iptv)..

....any way is there somehow to get everything working correctly...should i factory reset my Shield and start over...its really no big deal if i should..

(..should i bind the ip...if so how do i do this)

Edited by ramvalkyrie

Hi.  IPTV streams are run through the server.  So, if your ISP is blocking this stream, you would need the VPN to be on the server.

Does that help?

ramvalkyrie

It is on my server. Nvidia Shield...have Emby Server on there with Express VPN app on Nvidia Shield also...but can't get anything to work on other apps (firestick, emby theatre on windows).

Edited by ramvalkyrie

• 2 months later...
daChurchPcGuy

I hate to hijack this thread, but I have the same issue with Vaders. I don't know what update made the streams fail, but they don't work.  I haven't watched a lot of TV lately, except for Amazon Prime. I discovered and old show there so I've been watching that or my local news.

If I copy the stream information in VLC, running on my server, the stream works just fine. They just don't work with the tuner any longer. 

I'm running Version 4.1.0.8 beta, I thought about going to the release version but I'm trying to be a good beta tester.

I hate to hijack this thread, but I have the same issue with Vaders. I don't know what update made the streams fail, but they don't work.  I haven't watched a lot of TV lately, except for Amazon Prime. I discovered and old show there so I've been watching that or my local news.

If I copy the stream information in VLC, running on my server, the stream works just fine. They just don't work with the tuner any longer. 

I'm running Version 4.1.0.8 beta, I thought about going to the release version but I'm trying to be a good beta tester.

Hi there, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

daChurchPcGuy

Okay, so I tried a few things and it works now

1) I added the stream I had tested in VLC into emby as a URL and assigned it to the proper schedule source. 

2) My guide refreshed and I only had one entry for the channel.

3) I tuned to the channel and it worked.

4) I tuned to another channel that didn't work before and it still didn't work.

5) I tried the channel that worked in step 3 and it failed.

6) I rebooted the server.

7) All the channels work now.

If it happens again I'll try a reboot first. That was an interesting sequence, I have no idea why the channel worked once.