xpenology emby downgrade

massimodea

massimodea

Hi, after auto upgrade from version 3.5 or so, to 4 now the cpu goes at 98% on xpenology system.

Please can you tell me how made a downgrade?

thank you

massimodea

Thank for reply, yes the operation is complete and the problem occur when play a video.

I've read the announcement but after the auto update done.

I think it's related to new transcodig but for me is a problem.

I have a j4105 and with previous release working great, i'm not use intensively.

Please, help me to downgrade.

Thank you

massimodea

the "problem" is transcodig, with version 3.5.x was enabled and with this 4.x isn't because is dedicated to premier.

If you can tell me how can revert to previous version, please.

edit:

sendlogs_NAS-01_synology_apollolake_918+_20190116T124908UTC.tgz 

Edited by massimodea

We have revamped hardware transcoding in 4.0 and given the major effort this required, this is why it now requires Emby Premiere. We thank you for your support.

FrostByte

If you can tell me how can revert to previous version, please.

It won't be as simple as reloading an earlier version.  The upgrade process changed the database and is now incompatible with the previous version of server.

massimodea

i understand that but for me version 3.5.x is enough for my use, the auto update start.

i need to rollback if won't help me ok, i don't made anything alone. i remove emby.

thanks again

massimodea

It won't be as simple as reloading an earlier version.  The upgrade process changed the database and is now incompatible with the previous version of server.

with fresh install of previous version the problem is solved, the db is recreated.

thanks

• Like 1

with fresh install of previous version the problem is solved, the db is recreated.

thanks

How to return to the old version, please help me!

Hi there, what problem are you having? We're happy to help. Thanks !

massimodea

The old package is necessary, but i haven't. My prevoiusly reply is directed to focus the problem of db. If i can restart form fresh for me isn't a problem, the problem is to use the transcoding with newer version that require an emby premiere.

If someone has the package installation of 3.5.3 please tell me.

Hello. I accidentally updated Emby on my Synology NAS to 4.0.1 but I would like to revert it back to 3.5.30. The reason: transcoding is a whole mess. I currently do not have an Emby Premiere account because I only use Emby once in a month or once every 2 months and I don't need it. With version 3.5 transcoding worked flawlessly and with version 4.0 hardware transcoding requires Emby Premiere. I understand you are trying to make a business with Emby (which was previously free and open source) but I think that sharing a method to downgrade will help a lot of people that are not interested on having the latest or paying for Emby Premiere. Thank you for understanding.