About real time monitoring

fbrassin

fbrassin

Hello,

i'd like to have a suggestion about real time monitoring.

I have on my server 2 usb hdd and gdrive mounted with rclone.

If i keep real time enable if my internet connection goes down or if for any reason my hdd get umounted emby library looses all movies on gdrive or on my hdd and after remount emby has to rescan again all the library.

Is there a way to use real time monitoring without loosing all in case of internet failure?

I know that plex put movies in trash before delete them so after internet come back the movies are still in library.

What sould be best way in my case.

I'd like emby finds movies when added but without the risk to destroy library.

Tnx

mastrmind11

this was supposedly fixed a long time ago.  I haven't lost connection to my NAS in quite some time so I can't confirm, but there is a discussion or 2 over in the FR area about it.

Hi @@fbrassin,

I would very much appreciate your experience report with this feature. Also using rclone but not using real-time monitoring because I read somewhere it doesn't work with a rclone mount thus never tested it tbh.

I can confirm that real time monitoring doesn't work with rclone mount.

@@Luke Do you think anything can be made about this?

Tnx

.net core real-time monitor uses inotify, so it will work with whatever that supports.

• 1 month later...
fbrassin

Hello, 

yesterday i had this situation.

My rclone mount drop down for a problem in my configuration, so after a scan of emby i lost the library as emby didn't see any movie and deleted all library.

Now i have to rebuild all the library.

It should be better in my opinion put those movie in a sort of trash can as in plex so that i don't have to rebuild all library in this case.

Do you think is it possible?

fbrassin

It happened once again tonight.

My rclone mount failed and emby scan removed all item in the library, so today i have to rescan all. This will take about 2 days.

Here is my server log.

https://paste2.org/0OnCdv90

Where you find "................." it is because i had many similar lines that i removed as the log was huge.

• 2 weeks later...
fbrassin

My mount point hasn't went down anymore, but if it will happen i'm sure emby will delete movies from library if not present in the folder, if you didn't change anything in embyserver.

If delete a movie from movie folder emby removes it from library, so it will happen if gdrive is not mounted.

fbrassin

In order to solve this, i made a script that every minute checks if gdrive is mounted, in the case it isn't, it shuts down emby.

Not too well but better then having to rebuild library.

neik

Wondering how it gets unmounted in the first place. Mine is has been mounted for months without a single crash, it's absolutely rock stable.

fbrassin

Normally it doesn't get unmounted, but sometimes i try new config that could fail or sometimes my internet connect fails.

That's why sometimes it gets unmounted.