Logs issues

babarsyal

babarsyal

Hello,

I have issue with log files. Right now in my server data base there is log file over 200 GB and i want to remove this daily basis.

Is there any issue if i delete log files daily? if yes then what should i do to manage log files to reduce it's memory?

My server drive is SSD Drive 1 Tb and my other data is in another data server. Now i am just running this as a test with over 500 users and if it will work well then will continue with Emby otherwise i will have to go for another source.

Kindly help me with these issues to resolve for best running service.

Thanks

Happy2Play

No there wouldn't be any issues deleting them daily.  There is a option in the system.xml you can adjust  as it is defaulted to retain logs for 3 days "<LogFileRetentionDays>3</LogFileRetentionDays>".  (\programdata\config folder) If you change this setting shutdown server-make change-start server.

Do you have debug logging enable?  Dashboard-Logs

Since this location is currently not configurable, as discussed in other topics you could symlink it to another location if needed also.

maegibbons

Hi

Have you checked the logs to see why they are so big?

When you have very large logs it can be symptomatic of having a large number of repeating errors.

You might want to get to the bottom of why the log files are so large.

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

Happy2Play

If one-two users can make a 1 gig log file daily, that log size would appear correct for 500 users.