Stream Lag Even on Local

Misinthe

Misinthe

Hi everyone, so like the title says, when I'm playing 4k movies, I get a bit of a lag every few seconds, like it will buffer for a second and then start up again and it is really annoying, it even does it when I stream if within the server PC, and my CPU usage is never more than 27%. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I've tried to look for transcoding options but I have no luck. Any help will be appreciated, thank you all for your time. 

Happy2Play

Similar discussion here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67652-4k-transcode-to-chrome/

Does the same thing happen without subtitles?  As you are only getting about 20 fps converting hevc and burning in subtitles.

frame=  107 fps= 20 q=10.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.53 bitrate=N/A speed=0.857x 

Misinthe

Similar discussion here.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67652-4k-transcode-to-chrome/

Does the same thing happen without subtitles?  As you are only getting about 20 fps converting hevc and burning in subtitles.

frame=  107 fps= 20 q=10.0 size=N/A time=00:00:04.53 bitrate=N/A speed=0.857x 

Thank you for the input, it did start running smoothly but after a few seconds it totally stops playing, here's the log for that.

Logs2.txt

Happy2Play

You will probably have to wait and re-evaluate in the next release as there are a lot of changes to transcoding coming in v4.0.  

What clients are you playing this media on?  As the bitrate of the converted stream is 110mb/s.

Misinthe

You will probably have to wait and re-evaluate in the next release as there are a lot of changes to transcoding coming in v4.0.  

What clients are you playing this media on?  As the bitrate of the converted stream is 110mb/s.

I've only tried this on Chrome on Windows, I will try and see how it's working on my TV's

Misinthe

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

So I tried Chrome on my Windows PC, I tried the Android App and I tried the LG WebOS App, this were the results.

Chrome: Played laggy with subtitles on, once I turned the subtitles off, it stopped working. Had to view the raw file.

Android: Movie plays but subtitles are not displayed, I tried 4 different ones and none of them showed.

LG WebOS: Same result as with Chrome. Movies stops after a few seconds playing.

And like I stated before, this only happens with 2160p files, everything else plays fine.

Happy2Play

So I tried Chrome on my Windows PC, I tried the Android App and I tried the LG WebOS App, this were the results.

Chrome: Played laggy with subtitles on, once I turned the subtitles off, it stopped working. Had to view the raw file.

Android: Movie plays but subtitles are not displayed, I tried 4 different ones and none of them showed.

LG WebOS: Same result as with Chrome. Movies stops after a few seconds playing.

And like I stated before, this only happens with 2160p files, everything else plays fine.

I am pretty sure it is a bitrate issue as when 4k HEVC gets transcoded to h264 the bitrate is doubled to try and maintain quality some devices have a bitrate limits.  Does lowering the bitrate quality work better? 

Example is TVs have a bitrate limit for streaming media usually topping out at 80mb.

Edited by Happy2Play