Why are the play controls so small?

elee532

elee532

As you can see from the attached photo, the play button suddenly shrunk to a barely recognizable size. What might the issue be? Thanks!!

post-1833-0-71959600-1398653816_thumb.jpg

Looks like maybe that is a very low-res screen?  What is the desktop resolution set to?

Pelon

I have seen that in the past. In my case, it didn't have anything to do with the screen resolution as it was 1080. It happened when I restarted the server ans then went into MBC. My guess is that MBC was starting before the server was ready and made the buttons small. Another thing that I saw was that the backdrops or even the covers were not loaded.

It was an anoyance, however at least in my case it only happened when I restarted the server.

• Like 1

Starlionblue

I had a similar problem with the next and previous buttons bottom left. They were squished down vertically (retained horizontal size). The previous button could not even be navigated to with the remote. Resolution 1920x1080.

I'm guessing Pelon's explanation is a good one.

elee532

It's a 720p Plasma monitor. Desktop resolution is 1024 x 768.

I just solved the problem by re-running the Windows Media Center setup wizard and choosing 720p instead of 1024 x 768. Now I have some overscan, and it takes a litter longer when switching between Desktop and WMC. But a small price to pay for being able to see the play buttons. :-)

Thanks!

chef

This happens to me by the way, if I attempt to navigate the mbc ui while a media refresh is taking place. Once the refresh finishes the ui changes back to normal size. For me anyway...

• Like 1

1024x768 is a 4:3 aspect ratio.  Is it a widescreen monitor?

elee532

Interesting. That never occurred to me. It is a widescreen monitor. However, the only options offered are 1024 x 768 and 1920 x 1080 (which looks terrible). Not sure whether it is a PC issue or a limitation of the Denon AVR-990 that the monitor is connected to. Interestingly, I just returned home from Best Buy where I fought back the urge very hard to buy a new TV. :-)

Pelon

This happens to me by the way, if I attempt to navigate the mbc ui while a media refresh is taking place. Once the refresh finishes the ui changes back to normal size. For me anyway...

This might be exactly what I see, since a media refresh always happen when I restart the server.

chef

This might be exactly what I see, since a media refresh always happen when I restart the server.

It is mbc waiting for sure. The small play buttons you see, is the beginning of the animation mbc uses when you enter the details page. Usually the animation happens so quickly it looks smooth and un-noticeable, the buttons grow from that small to their usual size. But, in some cases mbc is waiting for the rest of the ui information to be collected from the server so it knows how to fill in the cover art etc. at this point the animations don't finish and you see the miniature playback buttons.

One thing I have noticed in recent versions of the server is that the library refresh is much faster. So, that is a good thing :)