Any way to incorporate FitzyTV?

hstamas

hstamas

Just discovered this great Android app that uses the live TV streams from the various broadcast providers to present you with live television complete with an EPG.

Since you need to provide your cable log in credentials to get access to any particular channel, it’s all seems completely legit.

They do have an open API so it got me wondering of the possibility of somehow integrating this into Emby’s live TV functionality?

Would love to have everything all working under the Emby umbrella and I would think, if possible this would be an excellent way of providing legal live tv steams.

https://www.fitzytv.com

notla49285

What does this offer that a tuner and Emby don't already? Unless it offers channels that a network tuner can't, I don't see the point.

hstamas

No need for a tuner so no additional equipment or cost and yes, it delivers cable channels you can’t get over the air (Food Network, TBS etc.)

Edited by hstamas

hstamas

I guess my point was that if you are already paying for a standard cable package this is a good way to get that programming into a streaming environment without any additional hardware or cost. Integration it into Emby as some sort of IPTV stream would be very useful wouldn’t it?

I understand that you can do the same thing with an IPTV subscription but that has legal ramifications or you could go with a network tuner but that adds extra equipment and cost and doesn’t get you the cable only programming.

SHSPVR

I guess my point was that if you are already paying for a standard cable package this is a good way to get that programming into a streaming environment without any additional hardware or cost. Integration it into Emby as some sort of IPTV stream would be very useful wouldn’t it?

I understand that you can do the same thing with an IPTV subscription but that has legal ramifications or you could go with a network tuner but that adds extra equipment and cost and doesn’t get you the cable only programming.

Yes but did you take in to count that this most likely has DRM and Device content ID Control and it Cloud Base DVR which I believe is must likely going to make it very useless to Emby.